Resource Cheques

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Divvet

Resource Cheques

Post by Divvet »

Right, i know this isnt era specific, but would it be possible to get cheques, similar to gold cheques for resources?

just been trading large amounts of boards, but its very difficult to be safe while doing this.

i cant see how this would hurt the economy, or remove the t2a theme or nothing, its just helps, as checks were introduced to help with house trading, this would help with resource trading.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Resource Cheques

Post by Kaivan »

While commodity deeds were a good addition to the game that curbed the scamming that was associated with many trades involving resources, the reality is that they are very far out of era. Commodity deeds were added during late UOR. Besides, one of the things that made T2A was the fact that many of the practices and general guidelines that were used by players were self-learned through experiences, not forced game mechanics (much like learning at least basic PvP skills to survive as a PvM player instead of just heading to Trammel).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Just trade small amounts at a time...
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

when your trading 30k boards, trading 700 at a time is very tedious. fair enough i know its not era specific, just thought it would be something simple to help in large trades, to be honest i dont really want them in there so you can trade on vendors etc, even if it was something that is a command you can use at a bank, that takes it right out of ur bank, opens a trade window, then on completion it deposits straight into the other persons bank.

just an idea really, not arguing about it, just thought it would be something helpful which wouldnt really damage anything.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

My personal belief is that its all of the 'making your life easier' things that really killed UO.

For example, consider cutting one bandage vs cutting an entire stack. When you could only cut one at a time it created a bandage market. Suddenly it was worth spending 1-2gp per bandage so that someone else did the work. Once you could cut an entire stack, why pay that?

I dont' think resource checks added anything to UO. It just made it easy to be lazy.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Red

Post by Red »

Half the cash for half the resources.
You can usually tell if you're dealing with someone that's trying to get you.

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

I say trade small amounts. Although its still one sided, the played handing a check can get it stolen, but the player with the materials in small, but large numbers cant

AS LONG AS everything stays away from being blessed, I guess I would vote for it! But I am still old school!

Id love for people to carry 10,000 ingots along with 10,000 boards on them . . . Muhahahah
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I do large trades a lot. I prefer the first trade to be a trade of trust. Where I put it all out for them to grab and trust them to pay me. So far, it hasn't back fired on me, and now I've found a few people I will trade with anytime, anywhere.

I'm a strong believer in your word and reputation following you around. So, on the business end everyone seems to stick to that aswell. Course I have one I won't even give the chance of trade. lol

point being is Commodity deeds are great but, It'd really hinder community interactions as a whole. Which is never a good thing.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.