Graveyard House?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Graveyard House?

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I don't remember being able to place a house inside a graveyard gates.. However it is really cool.. but accurate?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Manatee

Re: Graveyard House?

Post by Manatee »

Yes it is accurate , proven and confirmed.
The plot has been on OSI for ever and still is there today.

Manatee

Post by Manatee »

There it is today on Atlantic.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

that's cool and everything. but that is today.. what is there during this era?

Manatee

Post by Manatee »

Boondock_Saint wrote:that's cool and everything. but that is today.. what is there during this era?
Its -always- been there from what I can tell. The housing rules on OSi hasnt exactly become more relaxed over the years...

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

You have a picture from 2011, with a small stone tower in it. That is in no way proof that you could do that in our era.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Manatee

Post by Manatee »

fox_phyre wrote:You have a picture from 2011, with a small stone tower in it. That is in no way proof that you could do that in our era.
Unless you missed it. Its 2011 right now , going back with a time machine and taking a screenshot is not going to be possible.
The housing rules have changed for the worse during the years on OSi , if placeable now it most certinly was placeable before and it was. My guild had that house for a very , very long time.

Information about that plots existance isnt exactly hard to time (screenshots from t2a on the whole however is).
And since the plot has been confirmed by staff already I really dont feel like taking the time finding some.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Manatee wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:that's cool and everything. but that is today.. what is there during this era?
The housing rules on OSi hasnt exactly become more relaxed over the years...
Huh? IIRC housing rules were relaxed to basically nothing when custom land plots were introduced. You sure that house wasn't simply grandfathered in?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

wait wait wait...you're still paying for ultima online? O_o wtf?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

It was verified by staff? When?

Valhoppen

Post by Valhoppen »

I don't think it was possible to place a house inside the graveyard. There has been one interesting unique placement of a house in the Buc's Den in the tunnel and I believe that was in Napa Valley, and also houses used to be placed even on unflat ground that is what I know on house placements. Even if you could put houses in the graveyard it was not even supposed to happen or even be allowed. They even ultimately removed the house from the Buc's Den tunnel, I think this was on Napa Valley oh how I miss those days.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I most definitely had a house in Vesper GY, south of the largest building at one point in UO, however it was pre-T2A when you could do all sorts of illegal house placement (anyone remember houses in dungeons? :P )
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Charla

Post by Charla »

ok, here are some true facts about house placement. Sorry no screen shots, but some players might remember

On Sonoma and Pacific Group of drow elves would place houses in dungeons. (GM's would come to remove house

but were faced with the argument, they were role playing and drow's lived underground) "that's when Seers were

around.

Many houses place over trees and bushes. ( sometimes items would fall through the floors near the bushes or trees)

Could use ingots to help level out the ground to place.

I believe a few of these were patched out during t2a time frame, but not sure when.

So could a house fit in a graveyard, sure, if tombstones, etc. were in correct spots.

Westra

Layt

Post by Layt »

Great lakes had a house right at the entrance of the last level of deceit. I believe the fix was to not remove it, but not let it be refreshable, and it fell soon after.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

i vaugly recall a house inside destard once, on GL long ago.