Co owner already owns a house - can't release or lock down

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Apocalypse

Co owner already owns a house - can't release or lock down

Post by Apocalypse »

This may not be a bug. May actually be the way its supposed to be, but I don't know for sure so I thought I'd post.

When one of my characters owns a house, and another character on seperate account owns another house, making them co-owners of each others houses works fine but I am unable to lock down or release items in the house that char is co-owner of. I get a message saying "You must be in your house to do this."

Is that the way its supposed to be? Characters that don't already own their own house, which get co-owner status to these don't seem to have that problem.

Its a pain because I have different houses for different uses. Would be nice to get my ID-er character into my main hub house and behind the tables without having to get the owner character there to release the tables for him.

iamreallysquall

Re: Co owner already owns a house - can't release or lock do

Post by iamreallysquall »

Apocalypse wrote:This may not be a bug. May actually be the way its supposed to be, but I don't know for sure so I thought I'd post.

When one of my characters owns a house, and another character on seperate account owns another house, making them co-owners of each others houses works fine but I am unable to lock down or release items in the house that char is co-owner of. I get a message saying "You must be in your house to do this."

Is that the way its supposed to be? Characters that don't already own their own house, which get co-owner status to these don't seem to have that problem.

Its a pain because I have different houses for different uses. Would be nice to get my ID-er character into my main hub house and behind the tables without having to get the owner character there to release the tables for him.
then make the ider not own a house :P and if hes on the account with the two owners hes automaticaly a cowner if not he can cownered to both houses just make him not a owner
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I get how the problem can be worked around. What I'm asking is "is this a bug, or is this functioning correctly?" I apologize for not using the desired format for reporting bugs, but I wasn't sure if this even was a bug.

Seems to me a co-owner should have lock down and release rights regardless of whether they own another house or not.

So, if it is a bug, I think it should be fixed (and would be happy to repost with the appropriate template). But if it's functioning properly, I'll quit my bitchin'.

iamreallysquall

Apocalypse wrote:I get how the problem can be worked around. What I'm asking is "is this a bug, or is this functioning correctly?" I apologize for not using the desired format for reporting bugs, but I wasn't sure if this even was a bug.

Seems to me a co-owner should have lock down and release rights regardless of whether they own another house or not.

So, if it is a bug, I think it should be fixed (and would be happy to repost with the appropriate template). But if it's functioning properly, I'll quit my bitchin'.
you aren't a "cowner" your a friend as you can see by your inability to use cowner commands. due the fact you own a house its counting you as a friend only if you transferred the house you would be able to be cownered. when the last change went in that made it this way people who owned a existing house got treated as as a "Friend" even if they are on the cowner list previously they still have only the abbility to use friend commands. same applys if you own a house on 2 characters on the same account while the game makes you a cowner automatically being on the same account the second you own house on that character you step down to friend level on that character.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Okay so I guess that answers my question. Character who was originally a co-owner placed a house, now has friend status, rather than co-owner on the original place. Got it. Also, guess I never realized friends didn't have lock down and release capability. Good to know. :-)

Thanks for the help squall.

iamreallysquall

no problem y/w