Clean Up Britannia and Young Player Tickets

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Anon Emous

Clean Up Britannia and Young Player Tickets

Post by Anon Emous »

As I have seen many have voiced the fact that T2A was an ever changing stage in UO history. These are a few things I think that could not only free up some clutter but also make things alittle funnier. The token system was a fun way to encourage players to use trash cans instead of dropping stuff on the ground and causing item overload and also a fun way to introduce special items into game play. (IE Item bless deeds for runebooks/ Clothing bless deeds, Special dye tubs, Etc.) Secondly one of the main things that were changed in T2A was the introduction of weapon special abilities. Every weapon had its own special ability and if a player was over 70 skill they had a chance to hit and have the weapons special ability kick in. This was introduced to even the fighting field between fighters and mages. I'm not sure when the patch came for this. I have been playing since late 97 and so alot of things are kinda scrambled together in my memory. Either way I think this was a nice addition to the PVP arena. Last but not least. Newbie tickets have always been and were always a fun thing to have that I have noticed are non existent in the shard. Newbie tickets were a fun way to introduce some rares(Ranger Armor and Fireworks Wands) into the game and encourage player to player trading. Just a couple ideas let me know what you think.
Last edited by Anon Emous on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Token System, Weapon Special Abilities, and Newbie Ticke

Post by elhorno »

Oh no..... this isn't going to go well.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

elhorno wrote:Oh no..... this isn't going to go well.
*Grabs popcorn*
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Anon Emous wrote:As I have seen many have voiced the fact that T2A was an ever changing stage in UO history. These are a few things I think that could not only free up some clutter but also make things alittle funnier. The token system was a fun way to encourage players to use trash cans instead of dropping stuff on the ground and causing item overload and also a fun way to introduce special items into game play. (IE Item bless deeds for runebooks/ Clothing bless deeds, Special dye tubs, Etc.) Secondly one of the main things that were changed in T2A was the introduction of weapon special abilities. Every weapon had its own special ability and if a player was over 70 skill they had a chance to hit and have the weapons special ability kick in. This was introduced to even the fighting field between fighters and mages. I'm not sure when the patch came for this. I have been playing since late 97 and so alot of things are kinda scrambled together in my memory. Either way I think this was a nice addition to the PVP arena. Last but not least. Newbie tickets have always been and were always a fun thing to have that I have noticed are non existent in the shard. Newbie tickets were a fun way to introduce some rares(Ranger Armor and Fireworks Wands) into the game and encourage player to player trading. Just a couple ideas let me know what you think.
1. Tokens = Not Era Accurate = not possible

2. Special Abilities = Not Era Accurate = not possible

3. Newbie Tickets = Era Accurate = we get tickets on christmas each year.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Arsen wrote:
Anon Emous wrote:As I have seen many have voiced the fact that T2A was an ever changing stage in UO history. These are a few things I think that could not only free up some clutter but also make things alittle funnier. The token system was a fun way to encourage players to use trash cans instead of dropping stuff on the ground and causing item overload and also a fun way to introduce special items into game play. (IE Item bless deeds for runebooks/ Clothing bless deeds, Special dye tubs, Etc.) Secondly one of the main things that were changed in T2A was the introduction of weapon special abilities. Every weapon had its own special ability and if a player was over 70 skill they had a chance to hit and have the weapons special ability kick in. This was introduced to even the fighting field between fighters and mages. I'm not sure when the patch came for this. I have been playing since late 97 and so alot of things are kinda scrambled together in my memory. Either way I think this was a nice addition to the PVP arena. Last but not least. Newbie tickets have always been and were always a fun thing to have that I have noticed are non existent in the shard. Newbie tickets were a fun way to introduce some rares(Ranger Armor and Fireworks Wands) into the game and encourage player to player trading. Just a couple ideas let me know what you think.
1. Tokens = Not Era Accurate = not possible

2. Special Abilities = Not Era Accurate = not possible

3. Newbie Tickets = Era Accurate = we get tickets on christmas each year.
just some detail on your response

1 i think he means clean up brit program which was era accurate only one time and we already one

2 special abbilites were was the expansion Renascence which came after t2a
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

I meant the clean up brit program. It was fun. They released trash barrels the same time they came out with the clean up brit program. As for the christmas tickets they were a completely separate thing. Newbie ticket were given to every player when they first started. The actual name for which was a young player ticket. Weapons special abilities I am uncertain as to when they came about. I remember fighting in my first guild on Baja in 98' and having my spear do para blow after I hit 70.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

That wasn't '98. Special abilties were introduced with UOR. But I understand your enthusiasm for them.

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

I agree. And since this is the the Suggestions section as well as Era Accuracy I thought it would be a good change.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Anon Emous wrote:I agree. And since this is the the Suggestions section as well as Era Accuracy I thought it would be a good change.
except we wont ever change any mechanics to anything past our target date.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

The other 2 items discussed are perfectly valid points. I just hope that some others might feel the weapon change a valuable change to make. From the posts above it looks like I was right.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Just because 1 person likes what you say doesnt mean that everyone does.Add in the fact that this is a t2a shard,not Ren,and you will never have weapon abilities.

Personally Id rather have bolas than weapon abilities,but thats not going to happen either.If you dont like the t2a ruleset there are plenty of ren servers out there....

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Anon Emous wrote:The other 2 items discussed are perfectly valid points..
NEA
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Anon Emous wrote:The other 2 items discussed are perfectly valid points. I just hope that some others might feel the weapon change a valuable change to make. From the posts above it looks like I was right.
Anon, the whole concept behind this shard is that it's trying to replicate an exact period of time in T2A. Anything that happened later, for better or worse, cannot be included because it did not exist in our target T2A period.

It's one of the best things about this shard because it gives it a solid, no-bias foundation.

Anon Emous

Post by Anon Emous »

Thats the point. Clean up Britainnia was part of T2A. Young Player Tickets as well. My only complaint is that if your going to create a shard that is Era Accurate you need to do everything. It seems that its pick and choose which ones everyone wants. For instance the paper doll is still post age of shadows. T2A never had public tournaments those came after Tram. I love the shard. The main reason I quit the OSI UO is they kept changing things. I'm just pointing out a couple things that are missing. 2 of the 3 things thats are pre 99' so they should be added. And for the 3rd its a suggestion. A way to help level the playing field between mages and dexers.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

We've apparently already had a clean up Brittannia event. Since there was only one in T2A we've technically fulfilled that, though I am with you on this idea. I think we need one just to clean up the trash. You aren't saying that we should have one constantly ongoing are you?

Also, the balance between mages and dexxers is often misinterpreted here. I assume you mean to give dexxers some more power. The tank mage IS overpowered but that's era accurate. Try playing a pure mage with no weapon skill and I think you'll agree that if we had special abilities we would need to give mages the UOR changes as well. I'm biased as I play a pure mage frequently just because I want to be different but I know I'll suck because of it. Please don't assume dexxers need a boost for balance because weapon skills are part of every PvP viable template here. Nerfing my template is accurate to all eras of UO, though, so maybe you can convince Derrick on that point.

We (I) appreciate your opinions and enthusiasm but requests for anything out of era will fall on deaf ears. If you keep at it I bet you'll be able to get some love thrown your way on a clean up event or even newbie tickets. That's what's special here. You will be listened to. However, some that are listening are just haters.

Also, just so we're clear, era accuracy on UOSA isn't a matter of including all the things that were in T2A UO. We've rounded it down to specific weeks, not even the whole era. This shard is also a work in progress so don't get frustrated.