Furniture and black dye tubs.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Furniture and black dye tubs.

Post by Mirage »

I never remember there being a charge limit on furniture OR black dye tubs. I'm 100% positive there wasn't as a matter of fact. 1 charge use on black dye tubs and 5 charge use on furniture dye tubs are inaccurate.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Jaster

Re: Furniture and black dye tubs.

Post by Jaster »

agreed ... Black tubs were around before T2A came out, and Furny tubs came out with the current ticket system with no limit on uses.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Those restrictions are in fact inaccurate but have been put in place to ensure that these items remain special and keep some value. Without the small charge limits these items would soon become worthless on a shard with so little players compared to OSI.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

So certain things can be accurate about this shard, but others are specifically made inaccurate? ... no offense, but make up your mind on what you would like this shard to show. There is nothing overpowered in the Clean of Britannia rewards list, so why put restrictions? ... amount of players on a growing shard shouldn't affect that decision if you plan on the shard to grow.

If the shard doubles or triples in a year and you release black tubs and furniture dye tubs with out charge limits, it wouldn't be fair to the long time players that have been here since the beginning or in its early days. If you want accuracy and its the moto of the shard in a way, make accuracy, not accuracy for most things, but not all.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Jaster wrote:So certain things can be accurate about this shard, but others are specifically made inaccurate? ... no offense, but make up your mind on what you would like this shard to show. There is nothing overpowered in the Clean of Britannia rewards list, so why put restrictions? ... amount of players on a growing shard shouldn't affect that decision if you plan on the shard to grow.

If the shard doubles or triples in a year and you release black tubs and furniture dye tubs with out charge limits, it wouldn't be fair to the long time players that have been here since the beginning or in its early days. If you want accuracy and its the moto of the shard in a way, make accuracy, not accuracy for most things, but not all.
wow man stfu they put a small charge limit on some trammel tubs, stop bitching.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Those trammel tubs came out during T2A ... learn your shit. kthx

alatar

Post by alatar »

Jaster wrote:Those trammel tubs came out during T2A ... learn your shit. kthx
It was more of a crack on your desire to have an unlimited dye tub of trammel-type colors or objects. Why the fuck is it NECESSARY to allow someone to dye every piece of furniture they own? The economy is already being destroyed by this Clean-Up act, and this will just further render it..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Maahes wrote:Those restrictions are in fact inaccurate but have been put in place to ensure that these items remain special and keep some value. Without the small charge limits these items would soon become worthless on a shard with so little players compared to OSI.
This is being selective, not accurate.
alatar wrote:
Jaster wrote:So certain things can be accurate about this shard, but others are specifically made inaccurate? ... no offense, but make up your mind on what you would like this shard to show. There is nothing overpowered in the Clean of Britannia rewards list, so why put restrictions? ... amount of players on a growing shard shouldn't affect that decision if you plan on the shard to grow.

wow man stfu they put a small charge limit on some trammel tubs, stop bitching.
A small charge limit? Do the math on how much 20 charges costs. This is an accuracy thread, that's what WE'RE striving for is it not? If you're so worried about the economy then maybe you should have changed the accuracy of tamers and put a limit on them, would that have been something YOU would have went along with "for the good of the shard" whether accurate or not? I highly doubt it considering you have a tamer.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

alatar wrote:
Jaster wrote:Those trammel tubs came out during T2A ... learn your shit. kthx
It was more of a crack on your desire to have an unlimited dye tub of trammel-type colors or objects. Why the fuck is it NECESSARY to allow someone to dye every piece of furniture they own? The economy is already being destroyed by this Clean-Up act, and this will just further render it..

Bold underlined .... Ask OSI, they implemented it in T2A, not UOSA. UOSA is attempting to recreate what OSI did during that era with the game and they are trying their best to make this server as accurate as possible.

By purposely limiting players to only a certain amount of charges on items that were around [Black Tub - unlimited charges before T2A was released], [Furniture Dye Tub - released with unlimited charges during Clean of Britannia], we are not accurate, I'm sorry.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Edit double post.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Furniture dye tubs were added in the very late stages of the T2A era and could of just as easily not been implemented, which I kind of wish would have been the case. However we did decide to implement them with a slight restriction in order to compromise. In other words, this was put in as a special gift to our players for our one year anniversary, not to make the shard more accurate.

As for the black dye tub, 1 charge is basically the same as 1000 charges in my opinion and once again this was only added as a reward. It is not a regular in game item and should not be treated as such.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Black tub was a Christmas gift 2 years in a row to all players ...

1 charge isn't 1000 charges, bc a lot of players redyed their newbied clothing so they wouldn't lose them, and to do that here would cost you what? 4-5 charges?

Dying 60k cloth with 1 charge doesn't make up for not having an unlimited tub.
Last edited by Jaster on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Maahes wrote:

Furniture dye tubs were added in the very late stages of the T2A era and could of just as easily not been implemented, which I kind of wish would have been the case. However we did decide to implement them with a slight restriction in order to compromise. In other words, this was put in as a special gift to our players for our one year anniversary, not to make the shard more accurate.

As for the black dye tub, 1 charge is basically the same as 1000 charges in my opinion and once again this was only added as a reward. It is not a regular in game item and should not be treated as such.
It's also a reward for the trophy turn in system.

alatar

Post by alatar »

They're not going to change it. Give up.
#1 PK Guild on T2A

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

I gotta agree, for a shard that strives for accuracy, there is alot of picking and choosing. It should be 1 way or the other. Accurate, or not. Dont get me wrong, i love playing here, but im starting to get pissed off with oh the player base is to small bla bla. If you want an accurate shard, as described, then fix it. Dont change things because "player base is to small" just make it the way it was. If you want the tubs to keep its value, dont give it as a reward for the tourny system, this isnt accurate at all, so do as osi did, give it as a vet reward for playing for 2 years or something, that would keep its value because no1 would have 1 until they played that long.