Message system

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Laird

Message system

Post by Laird »

I think there should be some sort of message system in the game to contact other players.
for exampel you write ".msg <player name> <message>"

Divvet

Re: Message system

Post by Divvet »

There was talk of brining the old pager system in, but i dont know if it was ever decided, other than this nothing like that willl happen, because 1. it wasn't in t2a, and 2. theres irc. and most people are on that.

Laird

Post by Laird »

does it matter that much that it wasn't included in the t2a? it would really make the chard better, at least I think so. I dont have IRC and a message system ingame would make everything so much easier.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

i know what you mean, but there was a big discussion on it someone, cant be bothered to look, but i think the basic tone of it was that it stopped users from interacting in person, which was a big part of uo.
as far as irc goes, just click the link on the home page, it opens it in your browser, you dont need any irc programs to use it.

Laird

Post by Laird »

Players will always be able to contact each other without "meeting" in the game.
Through IRC, msn or what ever. so what is the point?
Just save us some time then, right?

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

This has been discussed.

But just so you know there was a messaging system in OSI's t2a era. It was not that great but there was one. Everyone has supported the idea of a messaging system, however it will take quite some time to program and is just on the staff's list of things to program. I doubt it'll take priority over other things.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. If i can get to instituting the Late T2A era messaging system, we will.

blister

Post by blister »

To keep the spirit of T2A I vote for everyone to get back on ICQ !

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

It seems like the old message system had a built in irc chat or something of the sort. I know I read something on it and that was mentioned. I did enjoy not having a world chat in uo but the personal mail was really cool to have.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The in game Chat system does work. Click Chat on the menu bar. It's severely underutilized.

Laird

Post by Laird »

Derrick wrote:The in game Chat system does work. Click Chat on the menu bar. It's severely underutilized.
"Chat is not currently supported"

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember when I first started playing UO you could add "friends" to a list in the options window and you could tell when they were online. Is that what we're talking about? Or are we talking about the thing on the paperdoll that existed for like 6 months (before the Virtue system was added to the paperdoll in the same spot)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Laird wrote:
Derrick wrote:The in game Chat system does work. Click Chat on the menu bar. It's severely underutilized.
"Chat is not currently supported"
Your client version may not support it. It does work under client 5.0.8.3 and most others.
The latest EA Client has some severe changes in it. If possible you may wish to downgrade via reinstall and patch to < 6.0

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i was logged into the chat thing yesterrday, no one joined
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]