Survival Game.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Xukluk Tuguznal

Survival Game.

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I woke up early enough to play one before going to work. Course I'll suffer for it today at work lol.

Is there anyway this on occassion can come later in the day?
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Derrick

Re: Survival Game.

Post by Derrick »

We tend to run Survival at off-peak housrs becuase it just doesn't accomodate a large number of players. I'd be more that happy to look at some other off-peak times for it.

Slade

Post by Slade »

Derrick wrote:We tend to run Survival at off-peak housrs becuase it just doesn't accomodate a large number of players. I'd be more that happy to look at some other off-peak times for it.
8am EST is a good time for Survival Game. It's early enough for people to do before they go to work, but also a time where most of the server is still sleeping. Unfortunately, that only happens on Mondays.

I vote survival gets more love in the 8am time slot. Make it 9am on Saturdays and see what happens.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Hope you have a bard for the event or don't waste your time :lol: it isn't a survival event, it's a music-off!
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

nutbagthecat
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nutbagthecat »

Derrick wrote:We tend to run Survival at off-peak housrs becuase it just doesn't accomodate a large number of players. I'd be more that happy to look at some other off-peak times for it.
It would be nice if this was run at 6am EST once in a while.

I leave my house at 6:30 for work every morning, i only get to catch a survival when its raining outside.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

yeah any chance we could ever play this where provocation isnt allowed?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

It's the one event where a bard can be used, let them keep it.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

i dont see the skill in making 2 monsters fight each other lol...not much of a survival game...i think we should at least play it once where provocation doesnt work, would be interesting

alatar

Post by alatar »

Maybe increase the arena size, add some static decorations, similar to that of a dungeon. Add some floor traps, etc. Make some areas where you can run around and block LoS, then remove provocation. You would need sufficient space to be able to get even half-way through that event without being overwhelmed by the spawn.

It would be very unbalanced to allow the monsters to spawn that quickly in the little box without provoke, especially at the rate of which the difficulty increases.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Malcoda

Post by Malcoda »

Hemperor wrote:i dont see the skill in making 2 monsters fight each other lol...not much of a survival game...i think we should at least play it once where provocation doesnt work, would be interesting

Then I propose that we make a CTF/DD/1v1 tourny where you can't use magic.

You shouldn't stop the skill use just because it's the most effective way of competing in the event.
"For the providence that gave them the fifth pit to govern as the ministers of its will, takes from their souls the power of leaving it"

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

You should change to what the people want. I've heard many people say that survival is lame because provocation takes 0 skill to get and 0 skill to use, everyone would much rather see people actually try to SURVIVE vs the monsters

And go ahead and make magicless CTF/DD, just imagine how retarded that would be.