Removing Secures.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Voltron

Removing Secures.

Post by Voltron »

I know that secures were introduced during the T2A age but I feel that this is a negative to the economy. Secures are a resourceful way the rich staying rich and the poor staying poor. If someone is to have good shit in their house, obviously they will, they stick it in the secures so it cannot be stolen. If we were to remove secures and just do lockdowns it would bring house looting back in the game. It would give people a reason to camp outside someones house and wait for them to go in and stealth inside of their house.

Secures should be removed so that the poor can steal from the rich or the rich from the rich because of someones dumb mistake of not using detect hidden. I miss having to use detect hidden inside of my house just incase someone stealthed into my house. Or waiting outside someones house so they can let me in the door. This would easily bring back the essence of stealthing and house looting.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Removing Secures.

Post by Kaivan »

While I understand the motivation behind this suggestion there are three things that stop it from being done:

1. Accuracy. Secures were always accurate to the era, and with accuracy as our top priority, we would be remiss if we were to intentionally remove an accurate feature to promote one game play style.
2. Preference for one style of game play style over another. Basically another effect of doing this would set the precedence that we favored one game play style over another style. Doing so would alienate a portion of our player base by showing our preference for one style of play over another style.
3. Real impact of secures is somewhat limited. While secure containers do provide some entirely secure storage, the storage is limited by the weight of the container. With a 400 stone maximum weight cap, secures can only hold so much stuff before they are used up.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

Secures as they are provide a good compromise. House looters can still make a killing because large stacks (i.e. regs) cant be kept inside them. Also anyone who stores any amount of stuff in their house is gonna run out of secures fast. I keep a lot of my stuff in lockdowns so much of my loot is stealable by any houselooter. I know of lots of people who have had their houses looted at one time or other, I had mine looted a day after I placed it (before I understood T2A housing properly).

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

[edit]

But to your other reasoning's as to why it shouldn't be implemented I have to say they are legit reasons.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!