dude killed mages in Moonglow mage shop - no guards came

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Apocalypse

dude killed mages in Moonglow mage shop - no guards came

Post by Apocalypse »

Technically this may be hearsay because my brother was telling me about this today, but I can vouch for his honesty.

REPORTED ISSUE: Saw a guy named PROXY SERVER killing the mages in the Moonglow Mage shop (shop at northeast corner of the island). Called guards on him, no guards came.

ISSUE DETAILS: This guy was killing the npc mages, name was grey, guards were called, no guards came to aid the poor mages. Also noticed he was "running in place" at one point and asked how he did that. His response was "you have to be a hacker". Would assume this "being a hacker" was also how he killed the mages without having guards called on him.

Eventually attacked him since he was grey, and he was joined by a couple buddies of his to block in my bro's character and kill him. One was named "neooo" or "neoooo", and the other was a character named "Bob" who was in the S^T guild. PROXY SERVER also dismounted from his horse to help block in my bro and, seeing certain death, my bro decided to try and kill his horse, which was blue. He attacked the horse and the guys called guards and my bro was guard whacked.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Happened around 6:30pm PST yesterday 1/25/12

STEPS TO RECREATE: Dunno...not a hacker

EXPECTED RESULTS: n/a

DATE REPORTED: 1/26/12

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Pirul

Re: dude killed mages in Moonglow mage shop - no guards came

Post by Pirul »

Not sure how that guy was pulling it off, but there are definitely several ways to kill NPCs without being GWhacked, and none of them involve hacking.

Without complete information, I imagine that this guy was attacking from a distance such that would attract the NPC, but would not attarct the attention of other bystanders to call guards. After a couple of seconds, guards can no longer be called even if he is grey.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Quite often when I do something in game that confuses somebody else and they ask me about it I respond "hax" just for the lols. I enjoy when they believe it.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Pirul wrote:Not sure how that guy was pulling it off, but there are definitely several ways to kill NPCs without being GWhacked, and none of them involve hacking.

Without complete information, I imagine that this guy was attacking from a distance such that would attract the NPC, but would not attarct the attention of other bystanders to call guards. After a couple of seconds, guards can no longer be called even if he is grey.
applejack wrote:Quite often when I do something in game that confuses somebody else and they ask me about it I respond "hax" just for the lols. I enjoy when they believe it.
It's quite possible he was just messing with my bro about the hacker part. Although, I'm not quite sure how he was getting his character to run in place, but whatever.

I did talk to my bro after seeing your comments and he said that he had seen the guy doing it. Then the guy left. My bro moved off to the side and hid. Dude came back and was, indeed, attacking the npc's from a distance. My bro got the "You see PROXY SERVER attacking...." message and ran over by them and called guards. I asked him how long between seeing the message and him calling guards. He said less than 5 seconds. What is the time out on guards no longer being able to be called?

bolverk

Post by bolverk »

Running in place has been possible since day 1 on OSI servers even. It definitely isn't hacking...I tell people I have 'h4x' all the time when I'm doing it, though, because it is funny.

Hint: Play around with war/peace mode.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Every time he hits the blue NPC it should reset his criminal timer and make him eligible to be guard whacked for the next 15 seconds. Really need an RPV to see what's actually happening, my guess would be guards were never called within that 15 second span.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not saying it's the case, but ask your brother to check the spelling on his guards hot key. It always cracks me up when I see ppl run up to the bank yelling "vendor buy bank gaurds"
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

bolverk wrote: Hint: Play around with war/peace mode.
Definitely gonna play around with that one just for the hell of it :-)
nightshark wrote:Every time he hits the blue NPC it should reset his criminal timer and make him eligible to be guard whacked for the next 15 seconds. Really need an RPV to see what's actually happening, my guess would be guards were never called within that 15 second span.
Could be I suppose, but my bro said he was pretty quick about calling guards as soon as he saw the "you see...attacking...". Less than 5 seconds was his response to that question. Dunno. I certainly don't know all the tricks of UO so maybe the whole thing is legit. Just seems a little fishy to me, based on his description. RPV would have been nice for sure.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Pirul wrote:Not saying it's the case, but ask your brother to check the spelling on his guards hot key. It always cracks me up when I see ppl run up to the bank yelling "vendor buy bank gaurds"
Ha ha! I'll definitely do that. My guess is that's not the issue but you never know how the little things can slip by even the most intelligent ones among us. :-)

Koden

Post by Koden »

As I remember it, there are town & out of town spots right there, you just need to stand there at the door, and wait for one of the NPC to wander too close. I jumped a guy doing this about 2 weeks ago. But forgot to turn off my macro for anat, so every 11.5 sec I switched targets, missed my heals, missed my attacks, switched to the NPC in mid attack LOL needless to say I did not win :(
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Apocalypse wrote:Technically this may be hearsay because my brother was telling me about this today, but I can vouch for his honesty.

REPORTED ISSUE: Saw a guy named PROXY SERVER killing the mages in the Moonglow Mage shop (shop at northeast corner of the island). Called guards on him, no guards came.

ISSUE DETAILS: This guy was killing the npc mages, name was grey, guards were called, no guards came to aid the poor mages. Also noticed he was "running in place" at one point and asked how he did that. His response was "you have to be a hacker". Would assume this "being a hacker" was also how he killed the mages without having guards called on him.

Eventually attacked him since he was grey, and he was joined by a couple buddies of his to block in my bro's character and kill him. One was named "neooo" or "neoooo", and the other was a character named "Bob" who was in the S^T guild. PROXY SERVER also dismounted from his horse to help block in my bro and, seeing certain death, my bro decided to try and kill his horse, which was blue. He attacked the horse and the guys called guards and my bro was guard whacked.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Happened around 6:30pm PST yesterday 1/25/12

STEPS TO RECREATE: Dunno...not a hacker

EXPECTED RESULTS: n/a

DATE REPORTED: 1/26/12

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

1. lmao this is me
2.char name proxy cheater http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/205233
3. owned
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

The S^T Rules prohibit S^T members from attacking, PKing, or griefing other players.

I have discussed this situation with Bob, and his side of the story is different from this account. Since Bob is a member of good standing in S^T, I'm happy with Bob's explanation of this situation, and that Bob did not break the S^T rules in this case.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”