cooking

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BravoFoxtrot

cooking

Post by BravoFoxtrot »

I had a question about cooking. I swear for the life of me, that back in the day when you tried to cook food over a camp fire and failed, that you ended up sometimes with burnt food in your pack. I also remember eating it and getting some message like " You try and eat the burnt food, but get little nurishment from it" I know that isnt the exact phrase but was something along that line. It fell in place sorta like, "You apply the bandage, but it barley helps" when you fail at healing.

Please tell me I'm not crazy, that when you did fail at cooking you got burnt food in your pack.

Derrick

Re: cooking

Post by Derrick »

In all my days i never saw that, but I didn't start playing untill '98 may have been before my time.

Malcoda

Post by Malcoda »

I remember that, it would also sometimes happen after a campfire had burned down. You could eat the little black piece that was left. I played catskills from 99 on and i can remember it happening as recently as 2003 when i stopped playing OSI.
"For the providence that gave them the fifth pit to govern as the ministers of its will, takes from their souls the power of leaving it"

BravoFoxtrot

Post by BravoFoxtrot »

pulled this off of Stratics under Oddities . . . . .

Eating wood - Double-clicking burnt wood - After a campfire goes out, embers show up. after the embers go out, burnt wood shows up. The crisped wood disappears within about 5 seconds, and is edible.

Still looking for info on burnt food :(