Remove the self-res w/ stat loss option.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Yohsiph

Remove the self-res w/ stat loss option.

Post by Yohsiph »

This literally serves no purpose. At the most, it pisses people off and they quit.

I don't know anyone who has ever willingly chosen this option. it always occurs right after the heat of battle when people aren't really paying attention to what they're doing.

I understand that you want this to be a pure t2a shard, but I honestly don't think that this will be missed, or that this defines the era at all.

alatar

Re: Remove the self-res w/ stat loss option.

Post by alatar »

There is an option to opt-out of having the menu pop up..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Yohsiph

Post by Yohsiph »

This is true, it still happens.

A friend of mine lost to a pk for his first time when he was a virtual 7x, and accidentally chose the res option. It's just not a good feeling, and there's no point in having it.

Seriously, how often do people staffing the shard get tickets from people wondering if they can have their stats altered because they accidentally self-res'd?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

It's not like it forces you to self res. If you can read, you should be able to understand what the option is.

You CAN remove it from options, I haven't seen an InstaRes window in "forever" (honestly, the only time I see it is when I make a new character, turn it on, just so I can screw around and res constantly while doing so)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We very very rarely get questions about this. I think there are maybe five or six cases that I'm aware of of people using this inadvertantly including the one yesterday. I do see players, especially new ones, use this option in unique circumstances.

Kingbuns

Post by Kingbuns »

It's a pretty useful thing to have say someone killed you inside your house and he starts looting your house, you might want to use the instant res stat loss option to save your stuff from being looted. If its a problem that people are pressing the option accidentally maybe it should be in red letters or give you a warning.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Kingbuns wrote:It's a pretty useful thing to have say someone killed you inside your house and he starts looting your house, you might want to use the instant res stat loss option to save your stuff from being looted. If its a problem that people are pressing the option accidentally maybe it should be in red letters or give you a warning.
If you read the message, there is a warning already.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kingbuns

Post by Kingbuns »

a warning after the 3 options?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

A warning after the click may be a good idea... Or maybe changing the text to red or something bc as i remember it sort of just blends in with the other option

but this thread has inspired me to go home and kill a couple of my crafters who have never died to ensure i dont insta res and set it to never offer me that again.

Probably a good idea for most. I can see it being easy to misclick especially after being PK'd or losing something you really did not want to lose.

Yohsiph

Post by Yohsiph »

Kingbuns wrote:It's a pretty useful thing to have say someone killed you inside your house and he starts looting your house, you might want to use the instant res stat loss option to save your stuff from being looted. If its a problem that people are pressing the option accidentally maybe it should be in red letters or give you a warning.

Well I think that's a good example.

Fair enough.