Clothing Bless Deed

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Clothing Bless Deed

Post by Mikel123 »

I realized I have a few clothing bless deeds in my bank. They are not for sale, so please don't ask; that's not the purpose of this post.

I'm pretty well aware of what newbified clothing one can get, so obviously I don't need to use them on any of those items.

What do people use these CBD's on? Is it just sandals?

Is there any other piece of clothing that would make sense to use one on?

Orion GM B^D

Re: Clothing Bless Deed

Post by Orion GM B^D »

If I could get my hands on a [shadow iron hue] deer mask,
then I would use one of my cbd's on it.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Moppety

Post by Moppety »

Rare hue cloth like ice white,

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Thigh boots? Or can you get those if you have fishing? They're pretty stylish... wouldn't mind always having some.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Ah, the masks I'm sure I've seen, makes sense.

Thigh boots - classy! I like it. Jester's clothing, too, I suppose.

Thanks!

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Unless you're on a mule that never takes damage, the only items worth blessing imo are footwear. If you have a mind to, you can break clothing epic fast.. I don't pvp or pvm and I've broken 4 or 5 pieces just through random hits from crap over time.

If you are on a mule then rare hued clothes might make some slight sense. Hued masks don't seem like a bright idea unless it was hued prepatch but never blessed -- worth the cash to hue a gf one instead.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sashes and hats with 0 AR don't break either, right?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Mikel123 wrote:Sashes and hats with 0 AR don't break either, right?
According to the patch notes, the only things exempted from breaking are items specifically blessed with a cbd prior to January 19, 2011.

There were quite a few sashes of virtue blessed before then, but very few hats.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

My understanding though is that if an item doesn't provide AR, it doesn't take damage itself (when it gets hit).

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It would be interesting to test things like:
Kilts/half aprons/pants
Fancy shirts/doublets

It may be possible to make some of these items unbreakable by always wearing another item on the same layer, much the same way sandals are always unbreakable if you wear pants. Ice white half apron would be nice if it could be made unbreakable.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I actually tested that one day and got through 7 tunics wearing tunic/fancy shirt/half apron/pants and didnt break a single pant. Since then I've been meaning to test it properly, because it may mean ice white pants or apron are worthwhile blessing for a PvPer.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:It would be interesting to test things like:
Kilts/half aprons/pants
Fancy shirts/doublets

It may be possible to make some of these items unbreakable by always wearing another item on the same layer, much the same way sandals are always unbreakable if you wear pants. Ice white half apron would be nice if it could be made unbreakable.
This should work with the right combination, agreed. Though the "ice white" aprons look a little too gray for my liking.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Also - doesnt armour take priority for taking hits if you're wearing clothes + armour?
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Also - doesnt armour take priority for taking hits if you're wearing clothes + armour?
if so i would wear gloves all day ^^
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Arsen wrote: 
[Uhh] Eo wrote:
Also - doesnt armour take priority for taking hits if you're wearing clothes + armour?

if so i would wear gloves all day ^^
I was under the impression that the item with the most armor takes the hit in every case, but only for that particular body part (which is why sandals--which protect legs--are protected by the higher AR pants). That's my understanding of it, anyway (hence, gloves would not protect any clothing item since it only protects your hands)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)