What happened to the regs in Vesper

Topics related to Second Age
ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

What happened to the regs in Vesper

Post by ecetres »

A couple weeks ago the mage/alchemy vendors were spawning 999 of each reg, now its down to 20 or 40. What happened?
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

alatar

Re: What happened to the regs in Vesper

Post by alatar »

yea its quite annoying when you're trying to buy regs in bulk..

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

ummm, regs double everytime you buy them out. Duh?

alatar

Post by alatar »

uhm, and then the server restarts and they default to 20.. even moonglow is back at the 20's

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Thats true, because (with help I'm sure) I have seen them up to about 250, and then get back on in the morning and they will be back to 20. And today they are just not doubling. I have bought out all of the vesper mages/alches several times and they havent gone above 40.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll increase the minimum regs on vendors.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Thanks derrick!
Guerrilla wrote:

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

200 of each default would be very nice.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

The regs work exactly how they did in t2a and those servers were a hell of a lot more populated. Its fine the way it is.

alatar

Post by alatar »

why would you try and oppose something like the reg quanity on vendors..

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Because we're a t2a era shard, and that's how it was in t2a. You shouldn't be able to just run around to all the towns with reg shops and get yourself tens of thousands of regs in 4 minutes.

It's supply and demand, if you buy them out, they'll restock with twice as much.

I really don't think you should increase the minimum at all Derrick. It's not hard to come back every 40 minutes and buy out regs. They can spend a few hours stocking them up and be fine. That's how we used to have to do it anyway.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Deano

Post by Deano »

Nevermore wrote:Because we're a t2a era shard, and that's how it was in t2a. You shouldn't be able to just run around to all the towns with reg shops and get yourself tens of thousands of regs in 4 minutes.

It's supply and demand, if you buy them out, they'll restock with twice as much.

I really don't think you should increase the minimum at all Derrick. It's not hard to come back every 40 minutes and buy out regs. They can spend a few hours stocking them up and be fine. That's how we used to have to do it anyway.
Agree completely. Besides there was a social experience sitting at the mage shop in Britain, you all know hte one.
Deano

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

i agree completely nevermore, but perhaps increase the minimum to 40 of each not 20 :P that way someone dont have to travel to two mage shops to get 40 each reg to go hunt :D
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Leave reg quantities the way they were... T2A accurate. If you need regs, there is a runebook locked down near the brit gate that has lots of reg vendor locations. You can also ask in IRC if anyone knows of a vendor that is bought up. There is no reason to change game mechanics just so you don't hafta go running around finding regs. It's supposed to be that way.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Deano wrote:
Nevermore wrote:Because we're a t2a era shard, and that's how it was in t2a. You shouldn't be able to just run around to all the towns with reg shops and get yourself tens of thousands of regs in 4 minutes.

Agree completely. Besides there was a social experience sitting at the mage shop in Britain, you all know hte one.
I don't understand, it's not like its a bug if someone has the money to afford bulk regs, so now we're down to limiting the reg supply. I don't mind, I just think its a bit off to hinder someone when they can obviously afford the bulk quanity.. It would be legit if their were faction vendors, but town vendors.. ;\