Help me remember! Questions about this shard..

Moderator: Support Moderators

HardActToFollow

Help me remember! Questions about this shard..

Post by HardActToFollow »

I used to play this way back in 1999 and I really really hope that I am remembering the right version of UO that I played...

Sorry if these were noob questions but I gotta ask anyways. I am so excited!

1) Are the Dungeons themed? I remember that Destard had a bunch of dragons in it, and Hythloth had Orcs, Hellhounds, and gargoyles, and Deceit was an undead dungeon and Shame had like elementals.

2) Are there treasure maps to hunt?

3) Are there Red Mage camps that had the hostage that you had to return to town?

4) Is there the orc camp over by Cove?

5) Is T2A the land with the snakes and spiders? I think you had to goto Moonglow to get to it.

6) Is there a secret city called Wind?

7) If you buy a house, and you die does your key stay on your body or can someone steal your house? Are there vendors?

8) Do "rares" spawn on a daily basis and do "true rares" exist? An example is candle and fruit basket.

Faust

Re: Help me remember! Questions about this shard..

Post by Faust »

Welcome to UO Second Age! This probably should be moved to the general questions & help section in the forums though.

1. Dungeons are indeed themed and pretty much 100% accurate to the '99 era. Here is a guide written by our spawn coordinator in the guides section http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2861 that has some very good information about the dungeons.

2. There are treasure maps. Levels 1-5.

3. Yes, there are camps that spawn all over the world not only evil npc camps but many other varities that sprung up back then.

4. The orc fort by cove does in fact exist and it's south of Cove City.

5. T2a is the land of the terathans and ophidians. There are many access points to get into the lost lands, and Moonglow stone pentagram is one of the many locations to get there.

6. Yes, Wind exists. You need a certain amount of magery to enter the caverns that lead to the city itself. I think it is roughly around 70 magery.

7. House keys will be left on your corpse if you die with the key in your ineventory. The housing system we use is the same housing system in place during the era. This particular housing system is more modern than the key ownership style that existed during the pre-t2a days. The house has a declared owner that is tracked through the house sign, etc...

Player vendors do exist. The house must be declared public for a vendor to be placed.

8. There are rare spawns all over the world. This server didn't start off with "true rares", and so the staff devised an event like scenario where true rares sprung up all at once a little over a month ago. Many of these rares have been discovered and there still may possibly be some out there. The majority of them were snatched up pretty quickly. A great example of one of these rares is the Covetous speaking large statuette.

I hope that answers most of your questions and welcome to the shard!

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Question on the camps with hostages...

I came across one last night, and cleared it of the bad guys, finding a single key in the process. The key opened the cage to let the poor "bride" out, but then I couldn't figure out how to get her to follow me somewhere so I could collect a reward. Does anybody know how this would have been done?

Also, there was another metal chest laying around that I couldn't get into (locked). The same key didn't work and the bad guys didn't drop another one. How can I get into those chests, or was there supposed to be another key that I just didn't get this time?

Thanks, I'm enjoying this game!

y2a

Post by y2a »

IdleBlade wrote:Question on the camps with hostages...

I came across one last night, and cleared it of the bad guys, finding a single key in the process. The key opened the cage to let the poor "bride" out, but then I couldn't figure out how to get her to follow me somewhere so I could collect a reward. Does anybody know how this would have been done?

Also, there was another metal chest laying around that I couldn't get into (locked). The same key didn't work and the bad guys didn't drop another one. How can I get into those chests, or was there supposed to be another key that I just didn't get this time?

Thanks, I'm enjoying this game!
For the NPC - type "destination" and she will tell you where she wants to go. Then type "I will take thee" to get her to follow you. For the chest, you can use lockpicking or magery to open it. Make sure to use Telekenesis on the chest after you unlock it to set off the trap so you don't get hit with it. I only know this stuff cause I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Good to know, thanks a lot y2a!

Return to “New Player Help”