Attack Last Spamming

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Attack Last Spamming

Post by Hemperor »

I understand that tab loops have been nerfed but attack last spamming works just as well as it did before, it's extremely annoying and difficult to combat now that tabbing has been nerfed, not that I ever abused either.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Re: Attack Last Spamming

Post by Faust »

Attack last has the same penalty applied to it that tabbing has. However, attack last is more severe because tabbing has a cap that auto forces your tabbing key not to function for two seconds. Anytime you hit attack or tab you take the same penalty on your combat timer that you would take while moving.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:Attack last has the same penalty applied to it that tabbing has. However, attack last is more severe because tabbing has a cap that auto forces your tabbing key not to function for two seconds. Anytime you hit attack or tab you take the same penalty on your combat timer that you would take while moving.
Oh I didn't know this, all I knew was I was being forced to punch no matter what... how severe is this "penalty" ?

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm not sure how severe the penalty actually is. I'm assuming that it's relatively the same thing as taking a step everytime you tab or attack last. You could also load up another account and check how severe it is. Swing with a hally at 25 dex, which gives you a 4.5s delay and try timing it to see how the penalty effects it. If you don't want to waste resources just log onto test.uosecondage.com for the test in this case.

The great thing about the proposed new combat system is that all weapons not just archery will have an equip delay. This means if you have an active combat timer and equip a weapon it will reset your delay based on the weapon you equipped. At 25 stamina a hally would reset to 4.5s. This will help prevent people that "slow" down their combat timers from tabbing and hitting attack last several times. Resetting your swing timer over this will be pretty bad for certain individuals that spam either of these two features.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:I'm not sure how severe the penalty actually is. I'm assuming that it's relatively the same thing as taking a step everytime you tab or attack last. You could also load up another account and check how severe it is. Swing with a hally at 25 dex, which gives you a 4.5s delay and try timing it to see how the penalty effects it. If you don't want to waste resources just log onto test.uosecondage.com for the test in this case.

The great thing about the proposed new combat system is that all weapons not just archery will have an equip delay. This means if you have an active combat timer and equip a weapon it will reset your delay based on the weapon you equipped. At 25 stamina a hally would reset to 4.5s. This will help prevent people that "slow" down their combat timers from tabbing and hitting attack last several times. Resetting your swing timer over this will be pretty bad for certain individuals that spam the both of these features.
that is actually really lame..

so if i hally hit, debuff debuff debuff, equip hally..i DONT have a swing? it just keeps getting lamer

Faust

Post by Faust »

I told you to read the article to fully understand it... If you casted three debuffs your timer would be refreshed. If you unequip a weapon your timer converts to 2 seconds. However, if you equip a weapon with an active timer it will reset the swing delay. It actually already works like this on the server currently minus the equip delay for all weapons except archery. The only problem is that the feature is based off of wrestling when it shouldn't be. This causes counter tactics on the refresh to be very ineffective when you make someone wrestle.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:I told you to read the article to fully understand it... If you casted three debuffs your timer would be refreshed. If you unequip a weapon your timer converts to 2 seconds. However, if you equip a weapon with an active timer it will reset the swing delay.
Whoa! My apologies, by active combat timer I mistook that for a swing that was ready to go...sorry about that one!

I was pretty upset there for a moment.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh, no. It actually works like that on the demo and during UOR. This is essentially what insta hit is. Insta hit defined is essentially having a swing ready that will hit instantly. Before insta hit was reactivated in early '99 and after it was removed in the UOR publish the equip delay actually would reset your combat timer on every equip. This meant everytime you equipped a hally your delay would be forced to 4.5s at 25 stamina. It worked exactly the same way during t2a, but there was a difference because of insta hit. If your swing was ready to go it would not apply an equip delay. The equip delay only occurred if it wasn't ready.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

well thank god for insta hit