Are GM's on much?

Topics related to Second Age
Mr.CandyMan

Are GM's on much?

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

I am stuck outside of Shame right now. I am not sure why I am stuck. I died inside the dungeon, walked outside the dungeon and all of a sudden I'm getting the, "You are frozen and cannot move," message...

Please help!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Are GM's on much?

Post by the bazookas »

Hey Candyman; good to see you on UOSA :)

Did you use the "Help" menu? That will take you to a random town within 10 minutes but during that time you are frozen. You can only use it once per 24 hours.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

Nice to see you here also Mob-um-I mean bazooka :P

I tried that and it brought up the box where you had to type up a few sentences to a GM, which I sent the message about 2 hrs ago...

btw: You did an awesome job with Rel Por and I really can't thank you enough for the experience :D

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

If you didn't use it, then you might try it to see what happens.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hmm... have you already used the free teleport to town today? Usually that box pops up when you do the help-stuck command and you've already used the daily free teleport to town. Also, you are frozen somehow (not related to the help-stuck command?), as a ghost? And you've been frozen for two hours?? Any more details on how this came to be?
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

I'm just as confused as you are... I rage logged yesterday and now I'm stuck as a ghost outside of Shame... lol

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Still Frozen?

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

Yeppers :D idk what to do.

This is the only char I got that has any skill. I'm kinda screwed here.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Best bet is to join IRC and try to catch someone who can help you.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

go into war mode :) (you are just outside shame entrance?)

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

What happens when you go to the help menu in your paper doll options?

If a menu pops up you can try using the 'my character is physically stuck in game' which will teleport you to a random or nearby town but will cause you to be frozen or 'stuck' until you do.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Mr.CandyMan

Post by Mr.CandyMan »

WiseOne wrote:What happens when you go to the help menu in your paper doll options?

If a menu pops up you can try using the 'my character is physically stuck in game' which will teleport you to a random or nearby town but will cause you to be frozen or 'stuck' until you do.
I already tried it and it doesn't give me a list of towns as usual, it gives me a box I have to fill out and page in. I am now stuck in Skara Brae, thanks to bazooka :D

I believe that when I tried to help stuck last night, I logged without going to the destination. bazooka and I have come to the conclusion that me logging out affected the 10 min timer somehow.

So now I shall play the waiting game...

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I'm not 100% sure but in this era I don't think you get to choose, it just gives you the option 'go to random town' or something but you have to press help go the the stuck menu and when it asks you for the info go back and select it again, sometimes doing it a couple of times did the trick for me.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Yea, I checked out Candyman's situation; looks like there actually appears to be a bug that keeps you frozen eternally :P.

From what Candyman said, he logged off last night after using the help stuck option, so it sounds like there might be some particular conditions whereby you can stay frozen by logging out after using the help stuck option?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

While you wait, why not start another character on an alternate account? Makes time go by faster and adds to your material well being on the shard :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠