Pick a publish

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jack

Pick a publish

Post by Jack »

now this won't be long since I am posting from a "broke ass forum iPod", but staff should pick a publish to base the shard on. Trying to collapse the span of all of t2a into one ruleset does not bode well.

Jaster

Re: Pick a publish

Post by Jaster »

They have done that already to a point ... they don't really take anything past 00 and nothing before 99

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

We could choose one publish to go with. The problem is that it would almost invariably be a patch after November 23, 1999 due to the fact that so many of the items in existence on UOSA did not exist on OSI servers until this patch. If we were to stick to that particular patch with an iron fist players would lose certain systems that exist here currently, and I don't imagine a shake up like that would be too terribly pleasing for most people.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

To be honest this has always been my philosophy from day one. However, this can't always be the case if you did not start off this way... If the shard would have started off from the VERY beginning based on a particular date this would be high possible to do. I have come to the realiziation that this isn't possible for UOSA after being here for several months. What Kaivan pointed out is essentially the only alternative route the shard can really go in an accuracy stand point besides the static date approach. In other words we are essentially using a static date and a form in the approach of age superceding other items that were only in briefly, etc...