Say it isnt so, Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST , May 25 1999 9:41AM

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Say it isnt so, Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST , May 25 1999 9:41AM

Post by Hoots »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

...House deeds that are purchased off of npcs will be considered newbie items. If you are a murderer and you die, a house deed will be left on your corpse. If you are not a murderer and you die, the deed will stay on your ghost character. If you set these items down, they will decay rapidly.

...All house deeds (redeeded, bought, existing, new, whatever) will remain with the ghost when you die, and will not be stealable

I thought house deed where fair game for all of t2a... april-dec is the majority of 99. Ugg

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Say it isnt so, Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST , May 25 1999 9:41AM

Post by Kaivan »

That's a very true piece of information. I've discussed this with Derrick in the past and it had been relegated as a back burner issue. I personally think that the deeds should be changed to reflect our current approach to T2A behavior, but it'll be up to Derrick to determine whether that happens and why.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is a fact, however there is reason we've decided to keep unblessed house deeds. I feel since this falls withing the T2A era it can go either way and be called accurate.

On OSI on April 14th, 1999, there was virtually no where to place houses. That is not the case on Second Age currently. One of the fears of having house deeds newbied is that they essentially create a portable logout location for players on UOSA, you could carry a house deed with you at all times, anytime there was trouble, just drop down a house and log out. This has major gameplay implications.

We feel that newbied house deed on a server where there is a lot of housing space can significantly effect gameplay in a way that would never have happened on OSI in this era. On the other side, lootable house deeds did exist in the target era, so the chance of losing one is much more consistent with era than the alternative.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Derrick wrote:This is a fact, however there is reason we've decided to keep unblessed house deeds. I feel since this falls withing the T2A era it can go either way and be called accurate.

On OSI on April 14th, 1999, there was virtually no where to place houses. That is not the case on Second Age currently. One of the fears of having house deeds newbied is that they essentially create a portable logout location for players on UOSA, you could carry a house deed with you at all times, anytime there was trouble, just drop down a house and log out. This has major gameplay implications.

We feel that newbied house deed on a server where there is a lot of housing space can significantly effect gameplay in a way that would never have happened on OSI in this era. On the other side, lootable house deeds did exist in the target era, so the chance of losing one is much more consistent with era than the alternative.
wow, i never thought of everyone being able to carry a house with them... Very good point.

I think this is a pretty good decision to have non blessed deeds while space is extremely available.

Creager

Post by Creager »

Derrick wrote:One of the fears of having house deeds newbied is that they essentially create a portable logout location for players on UOSA, you could carry a house deed with you at all times, anytime there was trouble, just drop down a house and log out. This has major gameplay implications

ehhh, I don’t find that notion to be very viable.

Seemingly, even in wide open areas there is a very low probability that a house could be placed in a manner timely enough for someone to log-out, and attempt to evade an immediate threat.

I've come to realize the targeting system for house placement is very cumbersome. The targeting system itself seems (-1,-1) off.

On the contrary i also believe house deeds should not be blessed.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Moishe

Post by Moishe »

Once again, what was to Origin's and EA's idiocy and detriment, our ingenious administrator has applied to our advantage.

Good thinking Derrick, and Kudos on your logic.

Jadow Valroth

Post by Jadow Valroth »

I'm not sure if he ment logging out to avoid danger or immediate death. But logging out quickly can be done any where with the use of Kindling and a Bed Roll.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. My example though is just one of the ways that a house deed could be used to effect gameplay.
In the case of a bedroll however there is a delay. In the case of a pursuit though open space with a newbied house deed you could almost instantaneously drop a house in front of you and log on the steps.