Water Barrels Not Implemented Properly

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Water Barrels Not Implemented Properly

Post by fooka03 »

REPORTED ISSUE: Water barrels currently do not block movement. Existing water barrels cannot be emptied (tried 50 pitchers worth, should be around 5-10 to empty). Currently empty barrels cannot be converted into water barrels (message displayed "Can't pour there").

ISSUE DETAILS: See above.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Docks, or anywhere barrels and water barrels spawn.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Get a pitcher of water or empty pitcher depending on which side of the coin you're trying to test.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Water barrels should block movement (but not block LOS, therefore can be teleported over ala fences). Currently existing water barrels should have a finite amount of water in it, be able to be emptied, and then taken. Currently spawned barrels (not liftable) should be able to be filled with water (converting type to water barrel) then emptied and liftable. Empty water barrels retain the water barrel name and cannot be used to hold items. Filled water barrels can be locked down within a house to prevent them from being emptied and stolen.

DATE REPORTED: 09 Feb 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 09 Feb 2009
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Xukluk Tuguznal

Re: Water Barrels Not Implemented Properly

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

You sure water barrels block movement? On everything else I remember it working like that, and I don't know about in T2A. But, an old faction trick was to place a candlabra or box on the ground then place a water barrel over it and fill it. That way they couldn't just move the stuff out the way. Without the boxes or abras they could just walk over it.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Hmm maybe you're right about that, I was pretty sure that they blocked, but it's been a damn long time lol.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

yes filled water barrels should block because they weigh so damn much. at LEAST 500+ stones
Last edited by Blackraven on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the emptying of water barrels so they could be removed was a bug, that was fixed
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

a bug? fixed when? certainly not anytime i was on OSI. you could also obtain buckets (rare) and tubs this way.

also blackraven, when the water barrels have any amount of water in them they are immovable, so weight isn't a factor there.
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

well yes but, i say they weigh so much because there unmovable

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

you're thinking of the 255 stone things that were stuck in backpacks because they were obtained through less than legitimate means
Cash, The Drunken Smith

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

:roll:

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

fooka03 wrote:you're thinking of the 255 stone things that were stuck in backpacks because they were obtained through less than legitimate means

like my water tile back in the day :mrgreen:

i want one here

Red

Post by Red »

I remember people putting water barrels all over the place including in front of their houses for decoration. I would like to see this here, but I think it would be abused far too much if they were impassable.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

aye, like i said i'm not sure about being passible/impassible but i know they were definately obtainable through the posted means
Cash, The Drunken Smith

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

I remember being able to retrieve water barrels well past UO:R, in fact I can't remember a time that this 'bug' wasn't doable.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Ordin

Post by Ordin »

Water Barrel mechanics as I remember it...

1: Find barrels

2: Run to bar, buy pitchers of water.

3: Fill empty barrels x1, use empty pitcher on filled barrels to turn "barrel" into "water barrel" I don't recall if water barrels could hold anything besides water.

4: When draining barrels, you got a pitcher, and spam drank it.

5: When filling barrels, you took a pitcher of water and used it on a barrel 4 or 5 times until it's empty. Then run to a trough or sea water source, repeat. I don't remember the limit IF there was any to how much you could fill it.

6: With barrels in hand, run to a friends house and write explicitives in yard, or load every tile of his tower with 50x water barrels. Or, take them to your yard and make a design around it.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Bumping because I would like to see this fixed (being able to take the barrels, but making them passable.)

Water barrels did block movement for a short people but were changed so that they were passable because they were abused. You could use the draining/filling trick to acquire water barrels well beyond UO:R.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter