Resource replenishment

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Djinn_Voodoo

Resource replenishment

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

how often do resources replenish? As an example if a fisherman dies with 125 mib bottles and corpse decayes where do those bottles go? back to the ocean? to never never land? :mrgreen:

Djinn_Voodoo

Re: Resource replenishment

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

also what level maps are fished up by gm fisher?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Djinn_Voodoo wrote:how often do resources replenish? As an example if a fisherman dies with 125 mib bottles and corpse decayes where do those bottles go? back to the ocean? to never never land? :mrgreen:
They are deleted: the server forgets they were ever there (freeing up memory for other hoarded items).
Djinn_Voodoo wrote:also what level maps are fished up by gm fisher?
Can't say I ever played a fisherman (outside of having like 30 fishing skill on OSI when I first started back in '98)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

thanks but i am serious to these questions!! playing a fisher is extremely boring (since u arnt suppose to be afk) and fishing these bottles takes a while (can make a fella rich though).

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

The bottles in question goto chainsaor.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Djinn_Voodoo wrote:also what level maps are fished up by gm fisher?
All fished up tattered treasure are lvl 1 only.

I believe that you can fish up one [1] bottle per hr, give or take. So if you have 3 GM fisherman you should yield close to three [3] per hr.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

thank you for the map answer!!! i also know about the 1 per hrs (this is not accurate est. but not accurate) still doesnt answer about where the iteams go that deacay in a corpse... and if i fish a square quaderant say what ever size as long as the fish keep biting then i should be able to fish up a bottle roughly every hour ( i still have found this not to be accurate)

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

No offense, but if u die and decay with 125 mibs on you, figuring out where they went isnt going to get them back lol

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

bah no offence taken cause i didnt i said "IF" asan "example :mrgreen:

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

If a corpse decays with items on it, they will be deleted. They don't go back to anywhere afaik, they are simply deleted. It is best to use an if statement with an organizer agent when fishing. Mine looks like this:

If (SysMessage "parchment")
Exec: Organizer Agent-1
End If
If (SysMessage "bottle")
Exec: Organizer Agent-2
End If

Set organizer agent 1 to organize maps (the "parchment") into a hotbag and the same with bottles. The hotbag should be sitting on the tile next to the mast so it cannot be looted. I suppose it might be possible to have a single organizer agent to do both bottles and maps, but I've never tried it. This way, if you get pk'd, you won't have to worry about hurrying back to land to rez yourself, or having another char recall off of a second key to rez you, before the corpse decays and your goods are gone forever.

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

i say thank you apocalypse

Return to “Resources”