A few things on mining

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dreadnaught

A few things on mining

Post by Dreadnaught »

I could be wrong on some of this. On this shard I was able to mine valorite at 90.0 skill. I thought valorite was only at gm, and verite was only at 95? And it seems like I remember somthing about being able to mine ore that you couldnt yet smelt until a few more points. The other thing I noticed, is even at 100.0 mining the failure rate on bronze is crazy. It should be almost non existant. I also failed on smelting dull copper earlier. I can never remember that happening at 100.0 mining.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few things on mining

Post by Daolin »

Dreadnaught wrote:I could be wrong on some of this. On this shard I was able to mine valorite at 90.0 skill. I thought valorite was only at gm, and verite was only at 95?
Verite is definitely 95. Thats weird with the valorite though. Are you sure? Still haven't been lucky enough to find some at GM.
Dreadnaught wrote:And it seems like I remember somthing about being able to mine ore that you couldnt yet smelt until a few more points.
Smelting chances may have been low. But if you could mine it, you could smelt it.
Dreadnaught wrote:The other thing I noticed, is even at 100.0 mining the failure rate on bronze is crazy.
Just bad luck I think. Its supposed to be 80 or 90% chance to smelt. I forget. Just a string of bad luck you're having with that.
Dreadnaught wrote:I also failed on smelting dull copper earlier. I can never remember that happening at 100.0 mining.
Are you sure it wasn't agapite? Those two can look so similar, especially after mining for a couple hours. I've never failed on dull copper at GM.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Daolin wrote:
Dreadnaught wrote:I could be wrong on some of this. On this shard I was able to mine valorite at 90.0 skill. I thought valorite was only at gm, and verite was only at 95?
Verite is definitely 95. Thats weird with the valorite though. Are you sure? Still haven't been lucky enough to find some at GM.
Dreadnaught wrote:And it seems like I remember somthing about being able to mine ore that you couldnt yet smelt until a few more points.
Smelting chances may have been low. But if you could mine it, you could smelt it.
Dreadnaught wrote:The other thing I noticed, is even at 100.0 mining the failure rate on bronze is crazy.
Just bad luck I think. Its supposed to be 80 or 90% chance to smelt. I forget. Just a string of bad luck you're having with that.
Dreadnaught wrote:I also failed on smelting dull copper earlier. I can never remember that happening at 100.0 mining.
Are you sure it wasn't agapite? Those two can look so similar, especially after mining for a couple hours. I've never failed on dull copper at GM.
I knew I coulda been wrong about the smelting thing it seemed like I remembered that from this age. Nope not agapite, I know this mine well it doesnt have ag. I couldnt believe I failed on dull. And with the bronze its been happening all week. Its like a 25% of failure on it. As far as the valorite I was digging it up either at 90 or in the early 90's, I couldnt believe it when it happened.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

I definatly mined valorite before 100.0, and im pretty sure thats inaccurate.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

You're supposed to be able to get valorite at 99. Verite 95.

I know/use one valorite vein, stuff sucks.