Your first encounter with cA!

Topics related to Second Age
Populus

Your first encounter with cA!

Post by Populus »

In light of recent events we here at cA are eager to hear your stories about the first time you encountered one of cA's associates.

cA has been one of the longest running guilds here on UOSA bringing nothing but joy to all of the shard's players. chumbucket is a well trusted member of UOSA and I challenge you to find someone who would decline an encounter with our dear leader chum.

Submit screenshots, videos or tales of your first encounter!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Capitalist

Re: Your first encounter with cA!

Post by Capitalist »

Lich lords - oh look, a box of lewts next to the corpse I just killed! Some thief must have dropped it. Silly thief, I'll see what's in it!

BOOM gg Downs
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

1) * You shove something invisible out of the way *
2) DH
3) chumbucket: "I R NEW GLD PLS"
4) me: "I Ban Thee"

...and thus chum was banned from our GH

(ownership has since changed, so he's not ban anymore :| )
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

I bought a tower from Matron.

I had the deed in a pouch.

She did not steal it.

Then told me how to not get robbed.

Tower deal went smoothly.

A+ Broker.

I returned the favor by putting 2 towers in Matron's backyard and filled almost every tile with sheep. I then waited for Matron to notice. :P
Special Projects Minion.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

never heard of them.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Only know about them from the forums.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Razor auto-search containers and easter boxes...I just wanted to move the damn thing off my steps..I knew what it was :lol:

don't remember the name but he did not loot me...and wished me a merry xmas!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I'm pretty sure this one was with a future cA member earlier in her career -

I'd just started my first ever guild (Vagrants' Union) and a nice lady called Mother Christmas at Brit bank expressed an interest in joining. I was so keen I accepted the offer without any kind of vetting or questions asked.

So off we went to my house where I got her to sit in the new special guild chair and take some made up on the spot oath of honourable begging. After accepting her into the guild we stood chatting in the house for a short while and then *bam* - DP'd blade of some sort started smacking me in the face. Before I knew what was happening I was 0o0o0o and set off to find a wandering healer. I just hadn't seen it coming at all.

I returned to find she hadn't looted much (there wasn't much, I was RPing a beggar) and had left me a book saying something like "You really are a beggar! Best of luck - Mother".

If it was Matron, that was the last I saw of her until I'd joined UOSA, some nine or ten years later, when she killed my beggar outside a tavern night. Nostalgia :o

Edit - Oh and a while ago I interrupted one of you just finishing off euthanising my sheep. Offered me a permit which I declined, and off they went leaving me to scrape up sheep innards.

Vermilion Coyote

Post by Vermilion Coyote »

My first, and only so far occurred on the hallowed day of cA christmas 2013. I was well aware of the event, and therefore didn't open the box placed outside my first small I had just purchased. I dragged it inside so that I could get out and then forgot about it. Unfortunately I also had been using boxes for organization and had forgotten that I had a chumbox inside... later that day, "What was in this box again?"... "The murderer Downs..."

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

I recently returned to the shard after a long hiatus, but I recall my first cA experience being a positive one, and even dug up a few pics.

It was Dress Like chumbucket Day, and many Sosarians were scouring the lands for him. There was fun and games! Fabulous prizes! An official dress code!

I donned my bootlegged official chumbucket costume and immediately joined the festivities.

I headed for the ol' Brit GY, ever the hotbed of activity, and asked this helpful fellow if he had seen chum around. He politely explained that he had not.

Upon my return, I found something new had been added.

Some time later, I paused my search for some refreshment.

Reinvigorated, I set out for the dungeon Shame to resume my quest. Just before arriving, however, I happened across a large pile of treasure in the ruins of an old house. Fortune smiled upon me! I quickly gated the loot back to town and pawned it off, making enough to purchase my own deed in the process.

No sooner had I finished my banking when a stranger approached. I gave him the customary greeting, and he gave me something in return.

I had not found chum, but he found me! After a rich, full day I returned to my new home to rest.

TL;DR chumbucket was indirectly responsible for me getting my first house on the shard. Kudos to him. He is always welcome in my backpack.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Don't glorify these heathens!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

When I started here, I didn't remember the first thing about classic UO as I had been playing Sphere servers for several years. chumbucket was pretty much a nobody back then and I put him on the map with his first story of the stolen hammer.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I guess technically speaking it would be Matron duping hundreds of books with EUO and placing them on doorsteps around the shard in a failed attempt to get someone banned.

Months later, a ban occurred that literally had nothing to do with the accusations and victory was claimed as they all played another shard and repeatedly drafted lies about a third.

gg cA, gg
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Downs

Post by Downs »

Blaise wrote:Image
get off your soap box. This is a light hearted thread
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Had a sheep farm in my tower.

All was well, wool was being sheered, spun, loomed(?) and turned into cloth and then bandages.

Profits were flowing business was growing, life was very good.

One night after partying with friends and foes I decided to go for a late night meditation session in my tower.

In my drunken stupor I had foolishly left the door open and my security system disabled (I felt at the time that the trash barrel was better placed by my bedside in the event of sea sickness from the nearby, well, sea.)

I awoke in the morning to find the sheep dead, all non-locked-down furniture destroyed and all valuables removed.

cA kindly left a book to explain what had happened and advised me to be more careful in the future, such nice fellers they are.

Out of this very expensive lesson I decided to move on from the bandage business and focused my efforts elsewhere, efforts that were much more motivated thanks to the lovely friends at cA because just as things were getting too good and boring, up they surfaced from the dark hole whence they were conceived to reignite my passion for uo and the Second Age.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠