About Ready to Dump this Server

Topics related to Second Age
CaptJellico

About Ready to Dump this Server

Post by CaptJellico »

I remember playing UO back in the glory days; so I thought this server was going to be really fantastic. My first day out, I get PKed in the east Britain forrest. No worries, I don't mind PKing and the world should be a bit dangerous.

So I spend a week leveling up melee type and saving for a house. Got a small up north of Britain. Finally I can afford to build up a mage-provoker. I tried going to a few dungeons, but got PKed everytime. At least they rez and gate you back to Britain. Tried Fire Temple, but PKs show up every time I'm there (I've even been attacked by blues on occasion). I did get a map drop off of a dragon that I was actually able to keep. Spent a week building up a treasure hunter (got PKed in town a couple of times by a crew using purple potions). Finally got carto and lockpicking high enough, so I went to dig up my chest on an island south-east of Britain. Opened the chest, used my provoke mage to handle the spawns and started looting. Looked like great chest too, lots of weapons. So then a couple of douche-bags from "Treasure Seekers Society" (Warrick and one other) come and attack me. Both blue, but I guess an L4 chest is worth a murder count for. I was told I didn't pay the island tax or PayPal them some money or whatever the fuck bullshit reason they came up with for jacking my treasure hunt.

That was it; the straw that broke the camel's back. Everyone on this server is a goddamn PK! This isn't Ultima Online, it's Escape from fucking New York (or Britannia as the case may be). What's the point? All I'm doing is enriching a bunch of veteran players. There is NOTHING on this server for new players. Derrick, you're trying to attack more players, but I can't really say I would recommend this server to anyone. I guess it would be with the caveat that they will never be able to hunt even a few liches without getting PKed, so if they enjoy getting ass-raped on a daily basis, then I guess this server is for them.

Capitalist

Re: About Ready to Dump this Server

Post by Capitalist »

They demanded you send them money on Paypal?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

CaptJellico

Post by CaptJellico »

They were babbling something about payment, and that's what popped into my head "you mean like PayPal?" Anyway, I was trying to escape with what loot I had, but to no avail. Hell, they didn't even leave my Britain rune on my corpse.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Removed for language.
Last edited by Kaivan on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language. Read the forum rules.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

If you maintain your decision after you've cooled-down, Jellico, then sad to see you go.
The server could used more ppl like you that aren't only PK-motivated,
or that go out of their way to make ppl's days miserable over and over again. :(

I agree this Shard isn't perfect, and it's certainly no trammel, but they got a lot of things right.
Good Luck,
-- François

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

If they said pay the island tax, they are heroes.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Gotta work on hanging out with like minded people (plenty of guilds around to work with).

I've done a tone of t-maps and haven't run into anyone yet (even buc's den). Sounds to me like you've had a terrible lot of bad luck.

Yes, there are a lot of PKs. And yes they abuse the 3 accounts per person a lot (walk around the farming hotspots as a ghost during peak times to see what I mean). But with a bit of practice and preparation you can escape them most of the time.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Carry invis items with an interrupt spell/toggle/recall macro, always have reflect up and stock up on pots (store boughts are fine if you are a cheapo).

Unless you're hit with 3 precasted CL's, your chances of escape are pretty much 100%
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

Honestly,

This server isn't for the weak hearted/minded individual. 100% of the people here have a blue that makes friends with you and a red that will kill you regardless of any friendship. Pretty much what I am trying to say is learn to deal with it or go to Hybrid or something. I don't really know what to tell you. Ive played this server since server birth and I can tell you right now I haven't had one day of game play where somebody didn't ruin something I had going for me.

There are always going to be trolls in a sandbox world where you can do anything you can/want.

However, to the person who was talking about ghosting hotspots - Its true they do it, everyone does, but I still am an avid supporter of the "ghosts cant see anything but landscapes and healers" movement. Although I am sure it will never happen because it isn't "era accurate" but I guess having 3 accounts is lol...

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

use some sleazy tactics to exact revenge. Carry trapped boxes, get em with earthquake, loot their house. There's always a way to win!

memememe

Post by memememe »

Everything you said is the EXACT reason I play on this server. No amount of AI will EVER give me the adrenaline rush of t2a UO, not going to happen, ever. No modern PvM focused MMORPGs even come close to this.
Yea, it's harsh if you're new, but there are quite a few threads about PvP survival, tips, tricks, useful macros, what items to carry etc. Just search for them and read up a bit and you'll be able to survive 95% of (red) PK encounters if you pay attention and don't want to fight/die. Ofc unless you don't want to be a hermit you'll have the odd blue kill you now and then because you won't recall when a blue name pops up, but even that isn't a sure death if you know what to do. And with 40 hour longterm counts there aren't THAT many blues that will kill you without reason.

player 1

Post by player 1 »

from what I've experienced, just carry an invis charged item and make a macro to put it on as soon as you hit recall and you'll escape 99% of the time.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Vega wrote:Removed for language.
Thanks for enlightening me, I had no idea I was gay.

I think a statement that strong should come with an explanation.

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

i am a gm bard and have died countless times from pks!! I will tell you this... use wit... it works everytime. do not get comfortable ever hunting cause the time that you do blue or red ruin your day. i have gone from making hundreds and hour to making thousands. Learn to depend on very few. i will assure you though that there are a few peeps in game that are good and will help newbs the best way possible.. ! Or you can quit that works too .. this is no EQ WOW GW AO AC it is a game of its own!

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

son wrote:If they said pay the island tax, they are heroes.
A million times this. I need to get back out on the high seas and start demanding an ocean tax.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.