Fencing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Slimeball Jasper

Fencing

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

I would like to see fencing looked into if possible.

Reasons why:

Fencing used to be the top skill for 1v1 melee fights. The kryss was incredible, better than a katanna in most instances (ive seen 7x swords vs 7x fencing, and fencing wins 8/10 times back in t2a in one on one duels)

Now fencing is the worst skill ever.

Example:

I have a 7x gm fencer with GM parrry, equipped with a GM archer suit, power kryss and shield. Chumbucket with a non-gm qstaff and wearing nothing but a plain bone chest was able to redline me 5 times without me even getting him below 30 life.

venox

Re: Fencing

Post by venox »

if your not chugging refresh mace will win...

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

venox wrote:if your not chugging refresh mace will win...
i had refresh, I didnt die, we were standing side by side the entire time.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

This seriously does need to be looked into.

Fencing here is way underpowered to what it used to be, I don't know if it's the weapon speeds or what.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Faust

Post by Faust »

Fencing was good until weapon mechanics were restructured in late '98.

superdunk

Post by superdunk »

I'm with stupid. Fencing power to be looked into please.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree that I always belived fencing to be faster too, however this is the information we have:
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/arms.html

This has been discussed before and different people have different memories on this.

superdunk

Post by superdunk »

That list is full of stupid.

Butcher knife is slower than real weapons???

War fork slower than spears??

wtf?

Faust

Post by Faust »

The list isn't suppose to represent real life weapon physics. It represents the weapon tables that were used in Ultima Online during the t2a era that we're replicating. The same table was used for the UOR era as well.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I agree with the tables being accurate. I also distinctly remember fencing being more powerful than it is here. The speeds seem the same, so I have no idea what why or how, just that my fencer is far weaker than he was on OSI 97-99. But whatever...

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

so everyone agrees it's underpowered compared to what it used to be
and nobody knows why?

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

superdunk

Post by superdunk »

Faust wrote:The list isn't suppose to represent real life weapon physics. It represents the weapon tables that were used in Ultima Online during the t2a era that we're replicating. The same table was used for the UOR era as well.

stop hiding behind that. even in the game that list makes no sense!!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Well we do know that the kryss was faster than the katana at some time prior to Feb 1999, but in Feb 1999 the speeds are what are shown in the table above. Feb 1999 was the introduction of the anatomy damage bonus, the change from using dex for speed to stamina, macing stamina hits, etc. It was a major change to combat and because we have this system in place, we also use the Feb'99 weapons table for consistency.
The patch is here:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 02/02/1999

Faust

Post by Faust »

superdunk wrote:
Faust wrote:The list isn't suppose to represent real life weapon physics. It represents the weapon tables that were used in Ultima Online during the t2a era that we're replicating. The same table was used for the UOR era as well.

stop hiding behind that. even in the game that list makes no sense!!!!
Hiding behind what? This server is a REPLICATION of the '99 era... This table is proven to be 100% accurate to that era... If you have a problem with the physical nature of the way weapons worked, than please go talk to the person that created it back on the OSI team at that particular time. We are simply replicating the game exactly the way it worked during the t2a era, nothing more.

Senses

Post by Senses »

I too remember fencing being much much better than it is here. So much so, that on my first day, with little other memory of that era, I instinctively chose fencing to gm rather than swords or maces. While I can't pin down exactly what it is, I can say, that standing toe to toe with a fencing weapon against a person with absolutely no armor, the miss rate is really ridiculous. I remember destroying people who were wearing full plate and a shield with a short spear in town fights and yet here, assuming they are moving and only stopping to cast, despite wearing only a robe for protection, I am lucky to get one hit every 10 to 15 seconds. For whatever reason, halberds get far more hits despite their much slower speed. Something is wrong, I'm just not sure what it is. Kryss's were essentially used as Mage killer weapons because of their speed and ability to constantly interupt spells, but again here, you interupt nothing.