Dragons & Reds

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
LightShade
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dragons & Reds

Post by LightShade »

During OSI T2A dragons would kill on sight red players. If a tamer went red he coudlnt even use his dragons.

WW on the other hand did not kill reds on sight.
Light Shade
PK Napa Valley T2A

Derrick

Re: Dragons & Reds

Post by Derrick »

This is currently true for animals which have been released. Can anyone dig up more info on this?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

just something to add onto what reds can vs cannot do, I have seen reds log out of their house and disappear instantly. however after reviewing stratics 99 it says this is not possible:

What are the penalties for being a Murderer?
Guards kill Murderers on sight.
A Bounty is generated when you become a Murderer. (see Bounties section)
Vendors will charge Murderers 5 times more for their service (murderers have to pay them to be "dirty").
Every time a Murderer dies he will suffer stat loss (str/int/dex and skills) exponentially based on his Murder Count. Keep in mind that a murderer's death does not reset the penalty. So if you die and lose 10% and die again immediately, you'll lose another 10%. Also, stat loss is cumulative with any other stat loss. Thus Resurrecting with Penalties will result in both stat loss from the Resurrection and stat loss for being a Murderer.
Murderers cannot insta-log from houses.
The amount of statloss varies from 9% (5 murders) to 20% (20 or more murders)

http://web.archive.org/web/199910130013 ... index.html

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Some notes on firebreathers: Firebreathers have been known to auto attack reds and poisoning monsters. This means putting that valuable dragon in town for a long period of time is probably not a good idea. If someone marches a tamed scorpion into town you might find your dragon guard whacked and possibly yourself too. If you plan on being a red, a firebreather probably isn't the best choice of pet since it may end up killing you. Wyrms don't have this trait and are therefore the superior pet for murdering. Also firebreath damage is hp dependent. As firebreathers get hurt their firebreath is diminished. Keep your firebreathers healed if you want them to stay effective! Standing under your fire breathers is a good tactic. It keeps meleers at bay and makes you more difficult to target.
http://web.archive.org/web/200107170749 ... rticle=pvp

Faust

Post by Faust »

Very nice find if I may say...

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Faust, I have dug up a few taming things to note...I'll try and get a big topic together, hopefully I can speak to Kaivan before then.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Last modified on January 12, 2001 11:56 am
got anything that's updated more recently than that? Also, how about more details, such as how often do they attack, what the formula is for them to attack etc?

Also, dont encourage PKs to use white wyrms. They have a higher dps rating, and tend to dump more damage into all kills than dragons do.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is on the list as part of an overall change to taming that I have been gathering information on for about a month. This change, among others, are part of a large shift from post-2000 to pre-2000 taming. The reason that no changes have been seen is because we want to compile as much information as possible on the older system so that we can be as close to accurate when we shift to the system.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

While you're at it how about you make the following changes as well?

Fix the stupid attack bug, especially with white wyrms. If they start fighting each other, telling them to stop does not remove the agro, it should remove the agro.

Make the guard command targetable. We should be able to tell our pets to guard guildmates, party members, and each other.

Make the fetch command available. Telling your pet to fetch something is a nice way to use it as a pack animal in the field.

Releasing animals. Currently if I release a dragon, it becomes friendly to everyone and wont attack a single person (other than reds). I believe it should aggro people once it's released.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The released animal behavior is accurate.

The pet guard and fetch command are on the same list that patrol was two weeks ago, we'll get there.

We made a change to the stop command last week that was intended to correct their aggression. I'll look at this again.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I always remember the release functioning working differently. A very common tactic for people back then was to tame a ton of dragons/white wyrms and release them to cause havoc. I don't know exactly if this was ever fixed and if so when it was added.

The attack bug is like that for every creature not just tamed beings. This is a very bad problem with the AI currently in my opinion. It gets very annoying on one too many occassions.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

wasnt fetch command removed on osi because it was so easy to loot houses and stuff?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, Blackfoot. The tactic was to tell a flying pet to fetch something inside of a house and they would fly through the window to retrieve it.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Faust wrote:Yes, Blackfoot. The tactic was to tell a flying pet to fetch something inside of a house and they would fly through the window to retrieve it.
Wow, I don't remember that part, I do remember in the large patio houses that you could get them to fetch things that were over the counter. Never tried the windows in houses! Damn. I guess it's similar to being able to throw purple potions through the windows back then
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

There were much more smaller houses than the larger types. It was much more common for a small house to be looted through this tactic. Using them for large smithy's was much better and a lot easier though.