Another Taming Inaccuracy..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Another Taming Inaccuracy..

Post by Flash Hardstar »

When attempting to tame a creature that is in your tame range, but has had more owners than you can actually tame it.. the prompt "you have no chance of taming this creature" would come right when you targeted it to tame it. Currently, this prompt comes after 30-40 seconds of taming a creature. ex. after already saying *You begin to tame the creature*... this would not only be more accurate it fixed, but save tamers almost a minute of "taming" creatures they actually can't tame...
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Derrick

Re: Another Taming Inaccuracy..

Post by Derrick »

This is a characteristic of pre-tame's which will be fixed when the pre tame dificulty increase is corrected.
Thanks.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Another taming inaccuracy should be considered on here too:

Back in my day, before I had a mage, I would buy dragons. I would pay for them, then the tamer would take me to a cliff. He would release the dragon, allowing my lowly dexer to tame and use the dragon.

"All kill" would not work, and would often result in the dragon going beserk. However, "All guard me" worked fine on the dragon, even with no taming skill to speak of.

Releasing animals reduced their taming difficulty to minimal, and the guard command would still work on them.

Does anyone else remember doing this? I used to love walking around East Brit with my dexer dragon combo.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Mens Rea wrote:
Does anyone else remember doing this? I used to love walking around East Brit with my dexer dragon combo.
I remember doing this waaaaay back, before T2A was even in beta. We use to buy drakes for 1500gp (lot of money!) and go to the gazer room in Covetous (which is where the corpsers spawn today.. this was before the dungeons were given themes). We ended up losing our drake because we locked it in our house and didn't realize we had to actually stable it. :( What a waste of 1500gp that was
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

What men's rea is referring to is what I remember on UOR when you only needed 60/60 taming to transfer a mare/unicorn, etc.. you just had to spam it over n over and it would transfer, but you could not control it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If this was the case in UO:R, it must have been do to a change:
May 25 1999 wrote: Loyalty checks are now done for all pet commands (previously, certain commands did not check the pet's loyalty).
Transfer and friending actually do two loyalty checks--one for the old owner and one for the new. Both must succeed for the order to be obeyed.
This does however support Mens Rea's memory prior to this patch, in which there was no check of control ability on the transfer target.

Did they really have unicorns in UO:R?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Derrick wrote: Did they really have unicorns in UO:R?
I believe Unicorns and Kirins (sp?) came out with Ilshenar. I could be wrong though.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

LOL yes, you realy are wayback oldschool, eh Derrick? They came out with Unicorns and Ki-Rins, essetntially only women could ride a unicorn, men a kirin. They were not as powerful as nightmares (only slightly weaker) but without the UOR expansion they would look like:

Unicorn: pure white nightnare
Ki-Rin: fire orange nightmare

with the UOR client, the unicorn looked like a standrad unicorn, its own image off blue, and the kirin looked like some asian type style manicore.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

I remember having a drake as a warrior very early on in T2A. It did not last long though, the taming difficulty / transfer patch killed it. I couldn't control it and lost it within minutes. Most of T2A was under that difficulty / transfer rulest as I remember.