Uosa on iPad?

Topics related to Second Age
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Uosa on iPad?

Post by Menkaure »

Technology is amazing now days. And you don't even need a video card to play uo. My question is, with how advanced iPads are, would it be possible to play the game on there (with an attached keyboard of course). Forgive my randomness, I'm on vacation, and already thirsting for up but all I have is the ipad2 and I'm just theorizing.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Downs

Re: Uosa on iPad?

Post by Downs »

Someone got it working on android
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Menkaure wrote:Technology is amazing now days. And you don't even need a video card to play uo. My question is, with how advanced iPads are, would it be possible to play the game on there (with an attached keyboard of course). Forgive my randomness, I'm on vacation, and already thirsting for up but all I have is the ipad2 and I'm just theorizing.
Natively, no. You can, however, create a remote desktop connection to your desktop computer, and use that on an ipad/android device. There's several options; VNC and Splashtop are probably the easiest to work with (with splashtop being extremely easy, but not free).

Also note, theres latency involved -- so this is only really good for starting/checking macros, maybe refreshing houses. Its not viable for world-running or PVP.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Downs wrote:Someone got it working on android
You have a link or something? Curious. Thanks!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

1.Turn on your android tablet
2. Pay 2.99 for Kainy https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ient&hl=en
3. Set it up to work with your computer
4. stream UO to your tablet and setup your control scheme to play.

The options that guy 2 posts up gave are more expensive and this does everything just as easy.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

GuardianKnight wrote:1.Turn on your android tablet
2. Pay 2.99 for Kainy https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ient&hl=en
3. Set it up to work with your computer
4. stream UO to your tablet and setup your control scheme to play.

The options that guy 2 posts up gave are more expensive and this does everything just as easy.
Yeah, VNC, the 100% free, open source solution I mentioned is more expensive... (and if you're only seeing pay versions of VNC you're not looking hard enough...)

That said, Kainy looks like an interesting tool. Its not the same though, and may be more suited for gaming than a natural desktop interface, but they will all work just dandy. The controller setup for Kainy is nifty.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.