Animal tamer

Moderator: Support Moderators

Slyfox

Animal tamer

Post by Slyfox »

Can anyone post what animals to gain on from 50-gm ?? also what 7 skills you should have and what like stats a tamer has i am hopeing a tamer reads this lol

Khronus

Re: Animal tamer

Post by Khronus »

50-65 polar bears and snow leopards
65-75 snow leopards and white wolves
75-85 white wolves , frienzied ostards , bulls and giant toads
85-95 still can get gains from those above but drakes works good too
95-100 drakes , mares and dragons

Start at ice island till like 75 then if u stop gaining go to papua forest for frienzieds and giant toads and jhelon farms for bulls, when u get to 85 still can get good gains from the stuff u tamed at 75 but drakes works rly good. when u get to 95 u can choose to keep training till gm or start ur huntings and get gains from dragons and mares everytime u need to tame more pets...

i stopped training at 95 only gaining from taming pets for hunting...

mage tamer:

magery
meditation
eval int
resisting spells
taming
lore
veterinary

bard tamer:

provocation or peacemaking
music
magery
eval int or veterinary
med
taming
lore

stats:

100 int
100 str
25 dex

if u want u can have a little more dex for faster pet healing with veterinary...

maybe:

85 int
100 str
40 dex

u wont need much mana ur pets will do all the work =oP
Visit Khronus Mall 2 Screens North From Brit Moongate!!!

Slyfox

Post by Slyfox »

Khronus wrote:50-65 polar bears and snow leopards
65-75 snow leopards and white wolves
75-85 white wolves , frienzied ostards , bulls and giant toads
85-95 still can get gains from those above but drakes works good too
95-100 drakes , mares and dragons

Start at ice island till like 75 then if u stop gaining go to papua forest for frienzieds and giant toads and jhelon farms for bulls, when u get to 85 still can get good gains from the stuff u tamed at 75 but drakes works rly good. when u get to 95 u can choose to keep training till gm or start ur huntings and get gains from dragons and mares everytime u need to tame more pets...

i stopped training at 95 only gaining from taming pets for hunting...

mage tamer:

magery
meditation
eval int
resisting spells
taming
lore
veterinary

bard tamer:

provocation or peacemaking
music
magery
eval int or veterinary
med
taming
lore

stats:

100 int
100 str
25 dex

if u want u can have a little more dex for faster pet healing with veterinary...

maybe:

85 int
100 str
40 dex

u wont need much mana ur pets will do all the work =oP

hmm i am in ice island and tameing polar bears couse he snow lepards wont let me tame them but i am not gaining from polar bears any were else u know of

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

u at 50? u should gain from polar bears if not try some brown bears ... try taming at least 10 polar bears before thinking its not gaining ,sometimes it takes some mins... and make sure u check ur "show real skill" sometimes u gained and u didnt noticed. took me around 5-6 hours a day for a week to get to 95 taming ...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for this guide Khronus

Slyfox

Post by Slyfox »

ty i forgot about the show real but i didnt gain i only could find about 10 they are scattered little bears lol

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

np Derrick

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

once u get to tame white wolves and snow leopards it will get easier cause there will be lots in that island =oP

Elite Clothing

Post by Elite Clothing »

I did some research.

I know from being a tamer myself, bulls are minimum 71.1 taming.

Working bulls from 71 - 83 is highly recommended, and then going on to Dire Wolves as a first choice, since they require 83 taming and will provide you with the most failure rate. (you want to try to tame the hardest creatures you can. If your taming is 70.4, your goal should be to squeeze the extra points to 71.1 and start taming bulls. this will make you fail the most, thus providing the biggest gains. also, some lock their animal lore at 0% upon character creation to aide this process)

If you cannot find Dire Wolves, Giant Toads like Khronus stated would be better than Bulls to GM.

Giant Toads are 77.1 and provide better gains then 71.1 Bulls, but worse gains than 83.3 Dire Wolves.

These are just my suggestions as they have helped me.

Elite Clothing

Post by Elite Clothing »

Slyfox wrote:ty i forgot about the show real but i didnt gain i only could find about 10 they are scattered little bears lol

Your best bet would be to go around the entire island slowly, scanning for every polar bear and snow cat you can find. Then, once you get all the way around 1 time, and have a full army of bears/cats, have them attack the Snow Elemental and Healer in the North (there is usually no one there and I killed about 50 healers this way, but they kill a lot of my pets for me and flagging grey isnt an issue with usually no one around.) or take them to the Deciet dungeon and go inside, make them all kill stuff till they all die. That is what I did to raise, and it only took a few days.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

If you cannot find Dire Wolves, Giant Toads like Khronus stated would be better than Bulls to GM.

Yeah dire wolves are kinda harder to find... Papua and Delucia forest has lots of frenzieds ostards and giant toads i got most of my gains from there...

JimDrizzle

Post by JimDrizzle »

If I have gm animal lore and low taming (around 55 show real), should I drop my lore to 0? or should I just forget it and keep taming?

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

people say its good to have 0 lore so u can get more fails = more gains. i never tried it but it might work, also training taming as ur first skills the easier it will be cause it gets harder to gain when ur getting close to skill cap (700).

JimDrizzle

Post by JimDrizzle »

Im screwed both ways then... lol Im almost 5gm with taming and resist left to train. :\

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

well it will take a little more work maybe 5 hours more? i dunno but i guess its worth training it with ur 5gm char