Open Event Gates 5 minutes earlier?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Open Event Gates 5 minutes earlier?

Post by Teknix »

being able to sign up for a whole 10 minutes before the start of the event would be a great addition. i'm sure everybody has missed an event by seconds because they stepped away for a minute too long. or they do not attempt to join because they are hunting w/ friends and can't leave right away.

i understand that people could abuse this somehow....but is an additional 5 minutes gonna lead to that much abuse/exploitation?

please discuss.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Open Event Gates 5 minutes earlier?

Post by Hemperor »

i believe there have been issues in the past of people running into the gates for cover. I think 5 minutes is fine

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

To add my 2 cents, I'm not much of an events guy just cause I've only been to 2 tournies (was just seeing what it was about). However I recently got invited to do a CTF event and was really excited about it. I heard I only need to have 1 of each item cause in the tournies it doesnt use those items up but you need at least one...well I was running around trying to get 1 of each item and missed it by less than 30 seconds...gotta say I was pretty disappointed... :/

I dont see how extending the gates an extra 5 mins would create much of a conflict with anybody.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Kryptonical wrote:To add my 2 cents, I'm not much of an events guy just cause I've only been to 2 tournies (was just seeing what it was about). However I recently got invited to do a CTF event and was really excited about it. I heard I only need to have 1 of each item cause in the tournies it doesnt use those items up but you need at least one...well I was running around trying to get 1 of each item and missed it by less than 30 seconds...gotta say I was pretty disappointed... :/

I dont see how extending the gates an extra 5 mins would create much of a conflict with anybody.
If you're flagged criminal I don't believe you can enter gates...not sure if you're being attacked how that works.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Hemperor wrote:i believe there have been issues in the past of people running into the gates for cover. I think 5 minutes is fine
Maybe people in combat shouldn't be able to enter gates. Obviously you have something (imo) better going on...

Why ditch read pvp for dirt pvp?
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I wasn't flagged at all, I simply just missed it due to timing...