Guard hire

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Marcaeus

Guard hire

Post by Marcaeus »

Wasn't there armored plate guards for hire in the stone tower north of Delucia bank? Atleast I remember them being there.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guard hire

Post by RoadKill »

Marcus_ wrote:Wasn't there armored paladin guards for hire in the stone tower north of Delucia bank? Atleast I remember them being there.
Paladin hirelings should be available at Delucia and Trinsic. As of now, I haven't seen many/any

Edit: Before any armored hirelings are added, you must remove the ability to dress/undress hirelings.
Last edited by RoadKill on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

Also noticed the leatherworker vendors is missing in the tailors in Delucia.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The temple on Fire island is also missing 80% of its spawn. Also, most shops in towns that arent frequented only have 1 of each vendor type when there typically should be more. I think whoever created the spawn map did so sparingly. The Terra Keep also spawns fewer Avengers, there should be one in front of the keep and two in the path along with a matriarch there right in front of that hill everone always used to sit on. Elder Gazers only spawn 1 elder and 1 regular gazer, should be 2 elders there, and the Ogre Lords is the same way.

Edit: Oh, and Titans, why are there hardly any titans on freaking TITAN island?

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The temple on Fire island is also missing 80% of its spawn. Also, most shops in towns that arent frequented only have 1 of each vendor type when there typically should be more. I think whoever created the spawn map did so sparingly. The Terra Keep also spawns fewer Avengers, there should be one in front of the keep and two in the path along with a matriarch there right in front of that hill everone always used to sit on. Elder Gazers only spawn 1 elder and 1 regular gazer, should be 2 elders there, and the Ogre Lords is the same way.

Creatures in Terra Keep hit incredibly lighter than they should, and you should be able to GM skills off them, which you can't.

0range

Post by 0range »

I remember more spawn in what I used to call the Throne Room in the Terra Keep. This is the room adjacent to the room with the ladder leading down to the courtyard. I recall this as having Avengers and Matriarchs.

Senses

Post by Senses »

I know its been brought up before but I had not been there, so I couldn't comment. The loot off the Terrans, mainly the Terran warriors, but really all of them, is horrible. I realize it didn't and isn't supposed to drop powers and vanqs 100pct, but honestly, the loot from liches in yew is by far better.

Just do a test run of 10 items from terran warriors, and 10 from say mage lords, or 10 from liches, or wherever and you will see a huge difference in quality. Were talking stuff like "an accurate club" or "a durable halbred." Something is off. When T2a first came out I made 100's of thousands of gold selling those weps for a couple weeks before everyone else started to realize that warriors were a guarranteed magic weapon drop. I think I'd make about 5k after 2 weeks here.

Ezp
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Ezp »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The temple on Fire island is also missing 80% of its spawn. Also, most shops in towns that arent frequented only have 1 of each vendor type when there typically should be more. I think whoever created the spawn map did so sparingly. The Terra Keep also spawns fewer Avengers, there should be one in front of the keep and two in the path along with a matriarch there right in front of that hill everone always used to sit on. Elder Gazers only spawn 1 elder and 1 regular gazer, should be 2 elders there, and the Ogre Lords is the same way.

Plz explain further about Fire Temple.

Town Vendors will be changed when we move to the new spawning system we plan to go to.

Tera keep has been modified slightly due to several SS's I've attained from Derrick. Not sure about the area you're talking about. I think I know but im not 100% sure. Plz post a SS of the area so I can make sure.

Elder Gazers plz provide proof.

Ogre Lords has always to my knowledge since pre-t2a even spawned 1 Ogre Lord I have a SS that shows the entire room wiped with 1 Ogre Lord corpse.

Titan Island is on a region spawner which is out of my control until we move to the new spawning system.

cletus

Post by cletus »

Senses wrote:I know its been brought up before but I had not been there, so I couldn't comment. The loot off the Terrans, mainly the Terran warriors, but really all of them, is horrible. I realize it didn't and isn't supposed to drop powers and vanqs 100pct, but honestly, the loot from liches in yew is by far better.

Just do a test run of 10 items from terran warriors, and 10 from say mage lords, or 10 from liches, or wherever and you will see a huge difference in quality. Were talking stuff like "an accurate club" or "a durable halbred." Something is off. When T2a first came out I made 100's of thousands of gold selling those weps for a couple weeks before everyone else started to realize that warriors were a guarranteed magic weapon drop. I think I'd make about 5k after 2 weeks here.
Well, regular terathan warriors dropped like might and ruin and sometimes force weapons. Nothing higher than that and often enough they dropped the crap you describe. Remember, this was before the magic loot drop inflation that occurred later on OSI so if you played during Ren at all these looks will seem paltry at best. However, like someone brought up.. you could GM weapon skills on them. I am 100% sure I GMed archery and swords on warriors while on OSI.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I noticed today that a single Paladin spawns in the tower behind delucia bank now. On pacific shard there was 2 paladins and 2 ranger guys back there for hire. I also noticed that the "Paladins here" do not teach skills.