A few things

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A few things

Post by Wise »

decided to look around at old patch notes this is what I came up with (some might have been discussed already if so sorry in advance)

10/1/98
Explosion potions no longer set off other explosion potions. We regret that our earlier post seemed to indicate that the explosion potion was changed only at the request of the City of Oasis, without input from other player sources. Reports from the City of Oasis on Sonoma, which was suffering from terrorist bombs during their periodic Fight Nights, and subsequent support from other player commentary brought this issue to our attention. Please note that the explosion potions were never intended to be instant-kill tools. From now on, explosion potions will only detonate themselves.
http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/10-1-98.shtml

Currently explosion potions do set off other explosion potions

9/16/98
You can now instantly log off in houses if you have the key.
Corpses will dump contents into a bag instead of stacking items into the air when they decay

http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/9-16-98.shtml

I am never tested the key thing, but I suspect it does not work here, also the the corpse decay is interesting, corpses just decay with everything they have on them now I believe

10/16/97
Zoo creatures aren't tamable anymore.
http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/10-16-97.shtml

This is definately not the case here, taming zoo creatures is a good way to get AFK macroers killed

Nov 23 1999
Potions can be crafted directly in the keg if there are no bottles in the alchemist’s backpack.

* After you begin to make a potion you will be given a targeting cursor.
• Clicking on the potion keg will add one potion.

If the type of the potion in the keg is unknown to the user, the new potion is identified by color only.

http://update.uo.com/design_42.html

This is definitely fail if you dont have bottles in your backpack atm you cannot use alchemy, it would definitely be a great addition to the skill. and the potions being pored out of kegs show up with the potion type name despite being the keg owner or not
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Derrick

Re: A few things

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, thanks these are all very valid. The explosion potion one is probably something that does need immediate attention

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Hm. The corpse thing is interesting. I never remember items not decaying with the body.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

Stranger wrote:Hm. The corpse thing is interesting. I never remember items not decaying with the body.
Items never did during this era. That is bunk.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Marcus_ wrote:
Stranger wrote:Hm. The corpse thing is interesting. I never remember items not decaying with the body.
Items never did during this era. That is bunk.
Perhaps that is the reason for the "Vacuuming NPCs" mentioned in another thread. NPCs who'd pick things up and go "- This might come in handy." or something like that.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Items did go with the body. I took this as a refernce to the backpacks that items dropped in, which was in era. There would be a backpack on the corpse.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Great post Wise

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Hmm. This may be right. In which case you'd have to go gray to even see a persons loot. It seems as if I may remember this.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger