A few points on era accuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lil Meiyang

A few points on era accuracy

Post by Lil Meiyang »

This shard is very era accurate -and free! Great work. THNKS!!!

A few possible discrepencies I've noticed on era accurracy:

1. NPCs have titles, I don' remember this. Also, there seem to be less of them.
2. Many spawns seem different than 99.
3. Barrels and chests don't spawn items for town thieving (ie dried herbs in moonglow)
4. Fencing timing seems a little off. I used to always strike whatever I was chasing, but here I often need to make several attempts, even with a kryss.
5. I can shoot my bow while moving and still hit the target. Is this right?
6. Shouldn't there be a tanner in the tailor shop in Delucia?
7. 5 houses to an account is nice, but it's *not* era accurate. One IP address with three accounts could own 15 castles. This might create a shortage in the future as this shard gains popularity.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few points on era accuracy

Post by tekai »

I know there were sheep, and many Stags outside moonglow to the south, west, and north for atleast 200 tiles in every direction. now the only supply of sheep i know of is in del.

I really have been enjoying the server though, im sure as time goes on it will get closer to the standard were trying to meet. =)

Tekai
[broken image]

platy

Post by platy »

1. Yes they did.. the "artists" were the ones you kill for colored sandies (as an example)
2. Not sure which ones you mean.. but for the most part its correct
3. Yes they do, it's not 100% of the time, keep trying
4. I dont/never had a fencer sorry
5. Try again, you'll find you can only shoot while standing still
6. I have no clue
7. Don't worry about that.. theres PLENTY of space if you want to place castles.. 14 day IDOCs will keep only the active players houses up

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Tanner added to Del tailor. Somone else had mentioned this too and it fell off the table, sorry about the wait on that.

The one house per account rule came after the Nov 1999 housing changes.

Faust

Post by Faust »

One thing that you must understand about weapon timers is that the timer only elapses when you're not moving. This was changed in the UOR publish to constantly be ticking downwards.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

can i have my moonglow sheep? ill donate =p
[broken image]

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

platy wrote:1. Yes they did.. the "artists" were the ones you kill for colored sandies (as an example)
2. Not sure which ones you mean.. but for the most part its correct
3. Yes they do, it's not 100% of the time, keep trying
4. I dont/never had a fencer sorry
5. Try again, you'll find you can only shoot while standing still
6. I have no clue
7. Don't worry about that.. theres PLENTY of space if you want to place castles.. 14 day IDOCs will keep only the active players houses up

Nah, the barrels and crates are always empty, not the same.

With the archery, if I'm moving continuosly between shots I miss automatically. But if I move and fire with a few seconds I still hit. Maybe that's the same? It conflicts with my memory of always needing to be still when firing, but 10 years ago is fuzzy....

Faust

Post by Faust »

You have to be still for 1 second for archery to shoot for a possible hit or miss. After it has successfully passed the movement restriction on shooting there is a 1 second damage delay after that. You're probably mistaking the damage delay for the movement delay possibly.

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

Faust wrote:You have to be still for 1 second for archery to shoot for a possible hit or miss. After it has successfully passed the movement restriction on shooting there is a 1 second damage delay after that. You're probably mistaking the damage delay for the movement delay possibly.

Possibly. It just seemed off to me to be running and shooting and still hitting my target.

Like I stop and wait, but then am forced to move to avoid melee. Then shot goes off while I'm running and to my surprise it hits.

Maybe this is the same, I could be confused. 10 years ago..... whewwww. I can barely remember yesterday. LOL

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

tekai wrote:can i have my moonglow sheep? ill donate =p
I'm also highly in favor of more spawn in moonglow... if it's era-accurate. I think era-accurate is a great standard to stick to. I haven't played UO for a long while, tried with trammel and found it lacking very quickly.
Also looked at their new 3-D makeover. What a load of crap. What makes UO is the analog clockwork rhythm of the world... that earthy feel it has to it. Really, 10 years on, and I'd still prefer to idle my time on this T2A shard than anything else out there.