Gave it two months

Topics related to Second Age
Darksoulzz

Gave it two months

Post by Darksoulzz »

Well raised two multi-gm toons including a tamer, but this shard is not for me. The PKing is out of hand, its really annoying reminds me of a pesky fly that wont go away. Anyways it appears the game is the same as it was on OSI days. Its a Pks world, they roll with their posse and use in games items to block your escape. (which is really gay) GL with the server success as the population is dwindling. I have seen several new players come and then leave shortly afterwards due to the PKing. Not everyone is into PKing their are other aspects to the game that many new players have yet to explore. I know most of the PK's are bored and want to PVP because they have done everything in the game. Their are many players who would like to explore and have the opportunity to make some cash without a PK robbing them constantly. I shall return to my care bear games I suppose where I get to enjoy the content at least.

Capitalist

Re: Gave it two months

Post by Capitalist »

This isn't trammel. This shard is the harshest era. Good luck in whatever trammel server you go to.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Darksoul...... live up to your name.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

So, I guess this is December's "this shard isn't for me, here's how you can improve it to meet my needs" thread. Looking forward to whatever fine paintwork Casey is going to share with us :D

ref: viewtopic.php?p=454277#p454277
Last edited by Aeris on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

WTF r u talking about? This place *is* Trammel.

I've only been PKed *once*... that was by the temple on Fire Island, way back in 2009.

And since I've been back I've only had one attempt to PK me (It was Vega, LOL!).

Really, I must be super lucky or something, cuz I just go wherever I feel like anytime I feel like it, I mean I run around all over the frkn place, hunting high-end spawns like titans, dragons, whatever. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they suddenly started shooting rainbows out their asses. Because this shard is like Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Hello Kitty -all rolled into one. :D

tergos

Post by tergos »

TBH, I only ever played this one era of UO, and I wouldn't have it any other way - I've never PK'd but still get excitement from spotting "ReDRuM" appearing on the corner of my screen, running like crazy and bashing the recall out macro as quickly as possible. If you die, fine, take it on the chin! If the "posse" used some cheeky tactic to take you out, just congratulate them and wise-up for next time!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

tergos wrote:TBH, I only ever played this one era of UO, and I wouldn't have it any other way - I've never PK'd but still get excitement from spotting "ReDRuM" appearing on the corner of my screen, running like crazy and bashing the recall out macro as quickly as possible. If you die, fine, take it on the chin! If the "posse" used some cheeky tactic to take you out, just congratulate them and wise-up for next time!
Fuck yeah!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Lol even before I quit and I was farming on my bard, I never saw anyone. I don't know how people get pkd I really don't. How hard is it to mash a button as soon as you see them on screen? See a name your not familiar with? Kal Ort Por. Its not that hard people.
Last edited by Menkaure on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

I need to hunt where you guys are cuz im always getting attacked!

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Well it might have to do with that I stay out of dungeons. Not out of fear of PKs but because I'm clusterphobic :lol:

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Capitalist wrote:
tergos wrote:TBH, I only ever played this one era of UO, and I wouldn't have it any other way - I've never PK'd but still get excitement from spotting "ReDRuM" appearing on the corner of my screen, running like crazy and bashing the recall out macro as quickly as possible. If you die, fine, take it on the chin! If the "posse" used some cheeky tactic to take you out, just congratulate them and wise-up for next time!
Fuck yeah!
My sentiments exactly!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Should've been playing this shard when the population was at its peak. PKS EVERYWHERE! It was awesome! None of the monster spawns were safe. Not even the upper levels of the newbie dungeons. Lol. Good times. Almost rage quit a couple times back then. OP wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes let alone 2 months.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

GtH

Post by GtH »

Darksoulzz wrote:Well raised two multi-gm toons including a tamer, but this shard is not for me. The PKing is out of hand, its really annoying reminds me of a pesky fly that wont go away. Anyways it appears the game is the same as it was on OSI days. Its a Pks world, they roll with their posse and use in games items to block your escape. (which is really gay) GL with the server success as the population is dwindling. I have seen several new players come and then leave shortly afterwards due to the PKing. Not everyone is into PKing their are other aspects to the game that many new players have yet to explore. I know most of the PK's are bored and want to PVP because they have done everything in the game. Their are many players who would like to explore and have the opportunity to make some cash without a PK robbing them constantly. I shall return to my care bear games I suppose where I get to enjoy the content at least.

Are you Lord Brak?

Mykos

Post by Mykos »

It is a harsh environment in this era of UO. I remember those early days of yesteryear and they are pretty accurately recreated here. I do not PK myself. I have had my fair share of run in with reds. I would say I am about 50/50 on getting killed or making an escape. A few times I have made an effort to fight back. Usually end up dead, only one victory I can recall and that was because we caught the red off guard with a small group.

The only times I see reds are at the major hunting grounds. We all know where they are and if you are near these spots, you can be rest assured that you will see a few passes of them in your hunting. When I hunt other less popular hunting grounds, I rarely see the red "posse's". Now does that mean I can count myself out of the high yield most efficient gold dropping creatures of our land. Depends on the risk I am willing to take on any given day. I choose whether to put myself in greater danger by going after the higher yield drops. The red groups will pass through in search of hapless victims or just trying to get some action. It is almost the same as waiting for a mindless lich lord or elder gazer to respawn, it is going to happen, but the human side of the PK makes it a different encounter.

Finally, this server is not for all people. In all my deaths, I can honestly say I have not been so enraged that I wanted to quit or leave. It recreates a time of gaming when I had the most fun in any game then or now. i love the heart pounding reaction I still get when I see a red name. There are times when I see a red npc name hit my screen and get a quick rush before realizing its a an npc.

I wish you had found this server to your liking. I hope you find what your looking for in a game elsewhere.
Mykos
House Master
House of Oor'Tael

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Darksoulzz wrote:Well raised two multi-gm toons including a tamer, but this shard is not for me. The PKing is out of hand, its really annoying reminds me of a pesky fly that wont go away. Anyways it appears the game is the same as it was on OSI days. Its a Pks world, they roll with their posse and use in games items to block your escape. (which is really gay) GL with the server success as the population is dwindling. I have seen several new players come and then leave shortly afterwards due to the PKing. Not everyone is into PKing their are other aspects to the game that many new players have yet to explore. I know most of the PK's are bored and want to PVP because they have done everything in the game. Their are many players who would like to explore and have the opportunity to make some cash without a PK robbing them constantly. I shall return to my care bear games I suppose where I get to enjoy the content at least.

Whiny and describes things as gay. You are probably a young, possibly even adolescent, male who has a relatively low IQ and thus can not find the creativity to develop unique techniques to combat your problem with PKs. So you regress and whine.

You're welcome for the critique and profiling, its up to you to evolve. Knowing is half the battle :roll:

Stop needing a trammel.