So is fencing pointless

Moderator: Support Moderators

tpopcaz

So is fencing pointless

Post by tpopcaz »

I am trying this shard out and taking a break from hybrid and was worndering is it worth going with fencing? I read that fencing did not work right here and was wondering if it was fixed.

Black&Blue

Re: So is fencing pointless

Post by Black&Blue »

Hey! I too have come from hybrid.... Within the first 5 minutes playing here, I was hooked. If you aren't at all familiar with Pre UO:R era, then you are in for some differences.

What "was/is wrong" with fencing?
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Fencing is just fine for a weapon skill, but its just the katana is the faster weapon, and the hally is the most heavy hitting, Macing has stamina drain/ armor damage and I believe the quarter staff does the most damage over time. So fencing is lack luster in comparison. Also you can DP 2 handed weapons just thought I'd through that out there.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Hybrid is full of gay. I played there for a while and am so glad I found a server like this!

As for fencing I was thinking about testing it out. Anyone have any advice? How is the war fork damage? Katana faster than a kryss? I always thought they were pretty close in speed.
AIM : Progn0sis

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Before it was slower because it is rated at a slower speed (not much slower mind you), but because of the system of .25 second ticks at governs weapon timers katanas and krysses should be exactly the same speed (if they've already implemented that system of timing). Krysses have a lower minimum damage than katanas and a higher maximum.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote: Krysses have a lower minimum damage than katanas and a higher maximum.
Do you mean Kryss has a lower maximum damage? Also how is war fork! can you poison war axes??
AIM : Progn0sis

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

in UO:R i completely cleaned house with a fencing hybrid because of paryl blows, but here IMO yes fencing is the best for pure dexxors. This is because of the short spear being the best DPS ig and also being able to be dped. Someone with just a tank mage will preach to you about swords, but thats just the best for tank mages. Personally I don't like macing, it's so easy to counteract and is the lowest melee damage.

Fencing is so not pointless for a dexxie, its the best.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Taboo wrote:in UO:R i completely cleaned house with a fencing hybrid because of paryl blows, but here IMO yes fencing is the best for pure dexxors. This is because of the short spear being the best DPS ig and also being able to be dped. Someone with just a tank mage will preach to you about swords, but thats just the best for tank mages. Personally I don't like macing, it's so easy to counteract and is the lowest melee damage.

I didn't know macing had the lowest melee damage. I always thought a q staff did the most damage per minute of any weapon.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

backdown00 wrote:
Taboo wrote:in UO:R i completely cleaned house with a fencing hybrid because of paryl blows, but here IMO yes fencing is the best for pure dexxors. This is because of the short spear being the best DPS ig and also being able to be dped. Someone with just a tank mage will preach to you about swords, but thats just the best for tank mages. Personally I don't like macing, it's so easy to counteract and is the lowest melee damage.

I didn't know macing had the lowest melee damage. I always thought a q staff did the most damage per minute of any weapon.
then you would be 100% incorrect... of primary weapons q staff and war hammer are weaker and/or slower than others. Macing in general is the lowest damage because it distributes some damage to armor and stamina. As far as "damager per minute" that would be the short spear...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Here's the tables kiddies.

http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/arms.html

Yep looks like that one guy was right, short spear is better. Fencing for everyone then

Kryss and katana are about equal.

Return to “New Player Help”