Treasure Hunting/New Player

Topics related to Second Age
LordKrake

Treasure Hunting/New Player

Post by LordKrake »

Hello all, a friend and I are looking for a UO server to start playing old school UO again. I am hoping that this server will be great!

So, a few questions about this place before we jump headlong back into Brittania:
1. How is the Treasure Hunting climate here? Are there players who sell t-maps in bulk? Is there a rune library for the t-hunt locations?
2. Is there standard NPC buy/sell rules here ( I only ask because other shards sometimes limit transactions).
3. Is there a main player-vendor hub that is known, or just player-vendors scattered around?

Thanks for the info and I hope to see you guys in the world!

~Krake

Capitalist

Re: Treasure Hunting/New Player

Post by Capitalist »

LordKrake wrote:Hello all, a friend and I are looking for a UO server to start playing old school UO again. I am hoping that this server will be great!

So, a few questions about this place before we jump headlong back into Brittania:
1. How is the Treasure Hunting climate here? Are there players who sell t-maps in bulk? Is there a rune library for the t-hunt locations?
2. Is there standard NPC buy/sell rules here ( I only ask because other shards sometimes limit transactions).
3. Is there a main player-vendor hub that is known, or just player-vendors scattered around?

Thanks for the info and I hope to see you guys in the world!

~Krake
1) Good. Yes. Yes.
2) ? There are limitations.
3) Yes.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

LordKrake

Post by LordKrake »

Thanks for the fast reply!

About #2. What limitations are there? OR is it exactly like it was during the T2A era?
(Example: One shard I went on had the vendor sell prices as the standard T2A prices, so selling junk to NPC was worth it for early game play, while another shard I played on had nerfed the NPC sell prices to be %50 less than what was regular, so selling to NPCs was basically pointless).

Thanks again!

~Krake

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The limitations are standard buy/sell ability (lack of gold, reset time on restocking items).
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

1. The climate isn't bad, almost everyone destroys their chests when finished with the hunt.
Also, there are a few vendor houses and public rune libraries with full treasure hunting rune collections

As far as maps go:

Happy Gilmore(I think) has a shop on the vesper strip (coast east of Vesper) and often sells bags of 40 level 1 maps for 10k which is great.

There's also a vendor just east of the Yew moongate, fittingly called 'The Yew Gate Shop' that almost always stocks maps. The vendor advertises them as 'Lev 1-2 mixed bag.' The assorted level 1-2 maps sell for 550 a piece and I have bought dozens and never once gotten a level 2. Perhaps this is bad luck on my part, but I no longer buy there because of this. 550 is a very high price for a level 1 map.

There are a few assorted vendors around Yew that sometimes stock a few maps here and there but not many do so regularly, alas. For anything higher than level 1, honestly I'd rather go through the forum where you have a good chance of finding a reputable seller.

*Be warned: The Brit moongate, for a while now, has a vendor that sells plain maps the seller bought from an NPC cartographer and pretends they are 'tattered'.

2. The NPC buy/sell rules are era accurate; they have a finite amount of gold which is reset on a daily? basis (I forget, sorry). There are enough of them throughout the towns that this is really a non-issue, for me anyway.

3. Most of the active player vendors are between the Yew Bank and moongate, although a few nice ones are scattered on the fringe of this area. There's a great vendor in a tower near the Trinsic moongate (Trinny Stone Vendors), a decent one outside Ocllo Bank, a great scribe vendor at the Minoc Gate (Brothers in Honor) - that's all that comes to mind right now.

This is a great server, and although the numbers haven't been fantastic lately (we usually have 160-250 online these days) it's a lot of fun.

Dungeon chests and Treasure Hunting in particular can be very lucrative here as there's an incredible demand for good Halberds, spell reflection gear, teleport rings, charged weapons - ghoul's touch especially, and invisibility items.

Let me know if you get started and I'll give you a few runebooks - Town Banks, Mage Shops, Dungeons (keep in mind runebooks are NOT blessed in this era)

LordKrake

Post by LordKrake »

Thanks a lot guys. Good to see some solid forum/player support already.

I will make an account very soon and start up. Me and my friend would welcome rune books to start us out, but we dont want hand outs (so much of the fun in this game is making something from nothing, right?)

See you in the world; I will post my ingame name when the account is set up.

~Krake