Era Accurate Lag

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lothain

Era Accurate Lag

Post by Lothain »

Gameplay is so affected by everyone having a 1mbps connection! The server should be modified to send massive amounts of junk data to the clients to slow it down to proper levels. A small percentage of players should be selected at random, or perhaps chosen on the basis of demographic averages, to not receive the junk data, replicating those with fast connections!!!11

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era Accurate Lag

Post by Safir »

I'm playing on a 100mbit/s connection atm, and it's soon to be a 1000mbit/s (1gbit/s) connection, but unfortunately I still lag my ass off. Be it from livin' on the other side of the globe from where the server is located or a shitty comp, but still. I think a heap of junk data would be worse for many than better for everyone.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Is this the thread where we show off how fast our internets can go?

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

lol, well, yeh, but that would just further the OPs cause. While I object to the thing entirely.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

We should all just revert backwards, buy the big ass bulky monitors, 16-28k dial-up connections, 200mhz processors, and computers with max storage space of like 2gbs....

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Hah Kylock, I remember putting a blanket over my big clunky monitor to go into dungeons because even in lor'd, and max brightness, I couldn't see crap if there was even mild glare.