Misc. Patch Notes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Red

Misc. Patch Notes

Post by Red »

One part nostalgia, two parts boredom.
I decided to read all of the patch notes on the T2AWiki.
I copied some more interesting ones, for discussion:

Daemons are now more aggressive.(01/29/08)
(Player daemons, or monster daemons?)

The harm spell (including on wands) will no longer ignore armor.(02/27/98)

You will no longer be able to report people for murder after recalling away.(02/24/99)

The mana drain and mana vampire spells have had the chance of being resisted raised substantially.(02/26/99)

Once an item has been placed in the trade window, you will not be able to remove it unless you cancel the trade. Cancelling will return all items to the backpacks of the two players involved. This was done in order to reduce the viability of common "trade window scams."(04/14/99)

Using the paralyze spell on an innocent will now make you eligible to receive a murder count.(05/25/99)

You will no longer automatically take a step forward after logging onto a shard.(09/02/09)

Any previous owner may retame the pet regardless of their skill.(01/24/00)

02 23 2000
Trade Window Changes
Trade windows will become more secure.
You will not be able to trade a trapped item.
You will not be able to trade an item that was recently stolen.
You will not be able to trade items to a player if that player cannot hold the items.
If the items are too heavy for the player or if the items would exceed the number of items the player can carry, the trade will fail. All items in the trade window will go back into each character’s pack.
You will not be able to pick items up while the trade window is open. However, you will still be able to rearrange items in your own pack during the trade.

I'm not looking to have anything specific changed, I just like era accuracy.

time2a

Re: Misc. Patch Notes

Post by time2a »

i would like to see the one applied that when fighting someone if they recall away they can not count u for murder when they die. As Many times someone may pul some bs so u decide to kill, they recall away kill thereself somewhere and res, while you still recieve the murder count.bleh

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

most of these notes are already in UOSA, including the recall one.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

time2a wrote:i would like to see the one applied that when fighting someone if they recall away they can not count u for murder when they die. As Many times someone may pul some bs so u decide to kill, they recall away kill thereself somewhere and res, while you still recieve the murder count.bleh
this is in...

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Red

Post by Red »

I've never really tested the recall deal myself, although you can still run halfway around the world and kill yourself to give them a MC.

Also, I tried to retame my pet on my mage, and it wouldn't let me.
Last edited by Red on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The Deamon aggession along with the Balron aggression will both be fixed on the next publish.