C^V Town Add-Ons

Topics related to Second Age
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

C^V Town Add-Ons

Post by Light Shade »

C^V is mostly inactive.

There's only 3 to 6 of us that still log in from time to time. Players have been carpet bombing the guild hall lately and demanding the guild town add-ons removal. If that's the requirement for deleting UOSA's history, then so be it. Personally, i'd like to see the history stick around, but with all the hateful jealous people on this shard clamoring for their removal its kinda pointless to worry about it. Let's face it, removing the add-ons certainly doesn't encourage us to help out more with the server. Don't get me wrong, we'd all love to, but we all have families and children to take care of and simply don't have the time like we used to. Congratulations to all those that have nothing but time available to play UO. If you want to just cater to the power-gamers, UOSA, then do that. This guild will continue to be the good and helpful people we've always been regardless of any actions that are entirely inconsiderate of our lives and the priorities we have to have.

Best of Luck with what you've wrought, players.

-L/S

P.S. C^V has no plans of dropping 3 of the longest running rune libraries on the shard or anything else for that matter. Just because we're busy with real life doesn't mean we're not still providing services to the community by consistently updating, managing, and providing our public rune libraries for everyone to use.

Edit: I was reminded that its 3 libraries. Link: viewtopic.php?p=367292#p367292
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

TI_Smithy

Re: C^V Town Add-Ons

Post by TI_Smithy »

I just want to see the taxes paid or the addons removed and given to an active new group

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43425
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58900

On Oct 16, 2012:
Braden wrote:
TI_Smithy wrote:What costs are these add-ons incurring? Almost every player ran town is deserted so I would imagine they all pay upkeep costs. What does the decay timer look like?
There is no automated system for this. We (staff) have to keep track of them manually. This is not the most efficient system and thus there are many player towns that should be decayed that we have not gotten around to yet.
Has C^V paid any tax since then?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

TI_Smithy wrote:I just want to see the taxes paid or the addons removed and given to an active new group

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43425
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58900

On Oct 16, 2012:
Braden wrote:
TI_Smithy wrote:What costs are these add-ons incurring? Almost every player ran town is deserted so I would imagine they all pay upkeep costs. What does the decay timer look like?
There is no automated system for this. We (staff) have to keep track of them manually. This is not the most efficient system and thus there are many player towns that should be decayed that we have not gotten around to yet.
Has C^V paid any tax since then?
I would just ask that the Staff make every effort to contact the Guild Members about paying for the Upkeep Costs, should they determine they are due, BEFORE they delete the Add-Ons without warning...as was done with the Dungeon Guards guild town. That was handled VERY unprofessionally. They never made a single attempt to contact the Guildmaster of that guild before they started removing them.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

What about KA? Their stuff was just gone, too.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Myrnae wrote:What about KA? Their stuff was just gone, too.
Multiple GM Add-Ons were removed from multiple guilds/public areas with zero notice given to the owners of the guilds and/or properties and no consideration to the efforts the people are continuing to put in to helping the shard. Apparently, only PvP Tourneys are given credit as "efforts" anymore. Being that i've put in a significant amount of time on this server and the vast majority of my time has been spent helping guilds, new players, setting up libraries, and running events....I consider it a serious slap in the face the way the staff has handled this.

My friends and I had just started a new round of events for the Dungeon Guards... We had just went through and COMPLETELY redecorated the ENTIRE guild town... We were working on a new set of recruits as some of our "old guard" had moved on in life... The Staff's response was to quite literally, within the same month, delete the town add-ons without a single attempt to contact the GM of the guild. Nevermind that the buildings (Rune Library, CTF Towers, Dueling Tower, etc...) were all public and open for anyone to use...nevermind that ANYTIME someone asked us if they could run an event out of them, someone was there to help them...nevermind that the Rune Library was constantly updated...it was all irrelevant under the new "regime".

To put it bluntly, we can all see the proof in the pudding on how well the new "regime" is doing. Perhaps they should lay off and focus on building the shard up instead of tearing it all down.

Anywho, I have nothing good or polite to say about the way the staff in charge of this aspect of the shard has been conducting themselves and I should just leave it at that.

Brules

Post by Brules »

The same thing has been happening at $$$ rune tower. Items have been deleted by an unknown GM with no warning, discussion or anything of the sort. No explanation was given and no discussion was had in regards to paying to keep up the add ons (we would gladly pay - though there is no system in place whereby this can be calculated nor was it set in place when blessings occured).

$$$ Rune tower is by far the oldest and most visited building on this shard (4 7 0 , 0 0 0 VISITS AND CLIMBING - Cant wait for the 500k visitor party!) and $$$ continues to be active by providing the largest and longest running new player housing service on the shard.

I can understand deleting stuff from old non existant and gone guilds, but to arbitrarily delete items with no warning, discussion, forum PM or demand for upkeep payments is downright a crappy thing to do.

The actions by the UOSA staff in doing this to several locations is reprehensible.

I agree with LS - concentrate on building this shard and player base instead of trying to destroy it further...actions like this are what are driving people away.....

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

tl;dr "All this nice stuff in my house!" "What's that? I have to pay for my house and the stuff too?"
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Capitalist wrote:tl;dr "All this nice stuff in my house!" "What's that? I have to pay for my house and the stuff too?"
It would help if you had the slightest idea of what you were talking about in regards to this issue. Its not that I expect you to, you're still some newb that hasn't been around since the beginning to truly know about the things that he's commenting on. You simply lack the knowledge of all the efforts of the people preceeding you.

Anywho, the Staff does not even have a system setup for Guilds or people to pay the upkeep costs nor did they make any attempt to ask for upkeep costs.

The Staff just randomly decided something to the effect of:

"oh, we've been not requiring the constant upkeep because these players provide a service to the shard...but we're going to randomly and without warning completely change our unofficial stance on that to coincide with a few publicly stated stances on it that we never actually backed up in any way...and we're not gonna ask for the upkeep costs regardless of the fact that we never answer pages and PM's in anything closely approximating a timely fashion...and we're not gonna tell the people that we're deleting them and give them a fair chance to pay the upkeep costs...nevermind that we don't even have a system for the upkeep costs that would even allow the players to pay them...naw, we'll just delete them without warning with no set of rules and no explanation and hope that the people that have provided YEARS of help to this server don't take it as one of the shittiest things the Staff on this server has ever decided to do...

I don't intend to be mean, but when the Staff makes the decision to erase the history behind 1,000's of hours of combined players playtime and help to the server...they should be very clear as to why they are doing it. They should also give ample warning so as to not make any further mistakes and irreparable damage to the shard.

This was all very poorly handled.

At first, I was downright angry. The history of this shard was unceremoniously...and in some cases without justifiable reason...just erased in the night.

Now, I am just disappointed.

Brules

Post by Brules »

So will the wrongly deleted items from C^V, $$$ and other locations be restored any time soon?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Comparing DG’s town to MYM’s arena is not a fair comparison. MYM’s arena (at the time especially) was / is used commonly by many players from many guilds. MYM’s town itself lost their roads and their in-house teleporter for the area was moved outside, ensuring it’s publicly accessible.

DG lost their roads after being inactive as a guild for a good year+. DG's docks and pathway + bridge to the town (from the main road) remained in tact until LightShade (I'm assuming) re-deeded all the houses in the area after being upset that the main road and lamp posts were removed.

Brules, as far as I can tell, $$$’s Merchant Tower is still alive and well. About 1/3s of your docks sunk after guild inactivity. Your vendor tent has been up and vacant for a long time (a year, a year+?), we haven’t even been requested to place any vendors there. I think that speaks volumes.
EDIT - Brules filled me in on details as to why the tent is empty, a legitimate reason, so disregard my comment about that now

K^A roads were removed as well as a few random wall pieces which were leftover from houses that had decayed. Their stable remained because this is a public asset that offers a functionality to anyone of any guild.

ACE lost roads and a dock (before I even came aboard), the arena remains as a public dueling space.

Everything that was removed was decor of non-functionality which blocked landscape in areas where guilds were not active or even trying to show a presence of being a guild-town. Every town kept something from their previous state. No guild town was wiped off the map.

Maybe I should have asked guilds before removing anything from their towns, or maybe these guilds should have stayed active and shown that their cluster of houses are actually a town and not a bunch of vacant or inactive player homes being refreshed. Removing roads opened up space for land and removed many awkward road placements that visually didn’t make sense because of house decay/house placements.

As far as I know, C^V is still up in it's old condition because at the time of decay, they were the only guild still out and about, using their "town" and actually appearing to have a presence and a sense of community. I should also mention that it was at the partial request of Derrick, to clean up inactive areas. If you need to be reminded to be active, to maintain a "blessing", then you're being active for totally the wrong reasons.

For now, it sounds like we'll be drafting up some type of policy to dictate the future of both current and new "town add-ons" for guilds. Until then, nothing is being touched.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

That rock right next to the moonglow rune library was soooo annoying. Sorry Brules but no remorse on that specific removal.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

@Boomland

+1 x 9,000

Brules

Post by Brules »

inkognito wrote:That rock right next to the moonglow rune library was soooo annoying. Sorry Brules but no remorse on that specific removal.
cA placed that there to make people easier to shoot with the >>------> archers. :)

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Brules wrote:
inkognito wrote:That rock right next to the moonglow rune library was soooo annoying. Sorry Brules but no remorse on that specific removal.
cA placed that there to make people easier to shoot with the >>------> archers. :)
Lol really? Never knew that. And yet, I can't be less surprised about that.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Brules

Post by Brules »

It was a joke. :mrgreen:

As said in IRC to Boom, $$$ does not run vendors in the tent due to a previous bug/issue that saw 4-5 vendors deleted with all their gold and items (1 was a FULLY stocked reg vendor) lost in an instant about a year ago. Since then we have not felt safe in putting them back up due to the possibility of the issue ocuring again. Total losses were close to 1 million in gold and items. As anyone else would be, we are leery of placing them again without assurances it could never happen again.

Hope that clears that up.....