Daily Event Suggestion: British Army Bulk Orders

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Daily Event Suggestion: British Army Bulk Orders

Post by Wise »

I have been playing UOSA for about six months now and I have never been to a event, hell I have never even been to
the event area past those mysterious red gates, why? I am just not interested in them, I am
sure there are other players that feel the same way.. so here is my Shard event proposal!

The "story" or flavor would be that Lord British is in need of crafters from all around Britiania
to equip his army & citizens with the finest wares, armour & weapons!

This would be a daily event, maybe run two or 3 times a day depending on popularity etc.

Lord British would send a message to all the whole land (much like the CTF messages)

"Lord British has requested that its finest crafters craft his knights 25 *exeptional golden plate arms"

* this could be any amount of things, maybe 25 exeptional robes, and 25 exeptional leather gloves or a various of items from the
crafting trades (black smithing & Tailoring) (if we impliment exeptional furnature and other items carpentry & Tinkering items could be added too)

you would have to craft the items and drop the bag full of them them onto Lord British at his castle, if you were one of the first 5 players to bring him the items he requested you would be rewarded
with some sort of random item from a potential list (random unique hue'd cloth (not trammy just NPC mage colors) or a daily rare, or a 1 point trophie, or even just a stack of gold!) prizes would need to be expanded on :P

but thats the idea, comments and questions are always welcome!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Daily Event Suggestion: British Army Bulk Orders

Post by d'Troyes »

Definitely an original idea, I dig it! You got my vote.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I don't mean to shut the idea down, because its not a bad one, but thats why they created Bulk Order Deeds for crafters during UO:R ...

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think the direction of the idea is good in theory, but I think the main problem is the events themselves. I don't personally go to any of the events right now but once in a blue moon. I have barely even done half of them myself. I don't hesitate to do any of the tournies if I know one is coming though since that is a special case in my opinion. However, if we "must" have the current events they should be designed to allow all character types including crafters. The world designer by the name of Ezp here has created an event quite similar to this type of structure that would be pretty interesting. Right now the current events are simply designed for PVPer's only. I understand the complexity and the problems that surround a process like that though. It is definitely not easy to do.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Jaster wrote:I don't mean to shut the idea down, because its not a bad one, but thats why they created Bulk Order Deeds for crafters during UO:R ...
aye, I had BOD's in mind when thinking about how this idea might work, but BOD's are not implimentable here because they are not Era accurate, despite being a interesting idea, thus we would have to adapt such an idea, hense my proposal.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if you had this event the prize should be the same as any other event.
a trophy and some gold. maybe a 2 pointer for the first place person, but as a crafter myself i would jsut stockpile tons of every item in my hosue wait for the event load up my bags with whatever item it was and hand it in in 35 seconds after announcement.
Im sure im not the only player who thinks like that
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

haha, 50 of each item, exeptional & in every ingot color.... I could some how belive you would! haha your right the prizes would need to be kept along the lines of other events for fairness!

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I think what needs to happen is that the events that are scheduled need to be more "natural". Currently, a gate opens, takes you to never-never-land and you beat the shit out of each other and some people get frustrated over and over again, then they come back to reality and take it out on those players that don't know what that red gate means [even though it says it on their screen]. They pk "newbies", talk trash in IRC and in game non-stop.

The events that I'd like to see, even though they aren't really accurate, would be things that go on in the actual world.

*Have a random monster invasion.

*Make a PvP event where the fighting is actually done in the towns or dungeons etc or in the world, so players that aren't participating can see whats going on. [example: Order vs Chaos in Britain ... !GUARD YOUR CASTLE, THERE IS A PRECIOUS ITEM HIDDEN INSIDE EACH, IF IT IS TAKEN BY THE OPPOSITE SIDE, AND RETURNED TO BLACKTHORN OR BRITSH [depending what you are], THAT SIDE WINS! ... would make those that are order fight those that are chaos and perhaps liven pvp ... but make it random.

*Have a Fishing contest to see who can fish up something "special" first.

Crafting is hard to think of an event for that can't be cheated at with premade items.

... but point is, the events should take place in real time for everyone to see, not just those that want to show up and not lose something then talk trash.

IMO

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

not every item but a lot of them,
most players who run vendors know how easy and important it is to keep 20-25 of each suit/bag/item stocked up ready to go at all times.
This would become a race of who can bag their stuff fastest or buy it off the closest vendor as fast as possible.
Maybe not having it in a race format would be more productive

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I'd say that the idea of having crafters make for instance 25 exceptional golden plate arms and then gettin' a trophy "worth" (shard economy) 7k would be sad. The crafters would have to front alot of resources to make that happen. Also, is this something only a GM crafter could participate in? It takes time to raise a crafter. Any player can join a PvP team event without any resources and end up with a trophy even on a newly created character.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

also, if there was a contest to make 50 exceptional golden plate arms, i duno who would take part for a trophy, or make 5 greater poison kegs.
Would just cost too many resources for not enough payout, and then the payouts would have to match the resource and i dont think prizes that large should be given out from non era accurate events that often

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

also try and remember that these non era accurate events are supposed to be optional for peopel to participate in and hopfully the effects of the events dont impact people who dont want to take part. Although trophys do effect the economy in that a new guy can sell his trophy from a ctf for a bunch of gold that doesnt effect the economy as severely as this idea would.
Event message opens - we need 25 yew tables and 25 chairs for lord british
you now have 25 people in the forums and irc scrambling to buy tons of boards at inflated prices. same with igs. Then peopel would try and not sell their boards or igs until the event happens to get more cash. This event could have a real impact on how resources are bought and sold.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Reminds me of Dragon Warrior 4, Chapter 3. Help the King upgrade his army's gear by collecting broadswords and full platemail!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Red

Post by Red »

I played a server a long time ago, that had an event in which everyone could participate.

It was pretty much a naked dungeon run, with some prep time before hand to gather bandages, feathers, logs, ore, etc so players had to craft their things on the spot.

I don't recall very well, but I think this server allowed more than 700 total skill points, so this idea might not work as well here.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

crazy mazes :D