i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Topics related to Second Age
farnk

i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Post by farnk »

i'm gonna make this as short and simple as i can. if i ramble, i ramble.

this server has seen an elite amount of #'s come across any other free server. however, this came across about 5 years ago. there was a steady population of about 100 clients logged in at the time (in the premature ejac.........stage). sure it was an earlier stage of the server; people came and went but at that time, the majority of them stayed. why? nostalgia. i didn't start playing here until march of 2009, my brother started playing here in fall of 2008, he's the polar opposite player; dexxer and roleplayer. when he played here he kept telling me to do so aswell; i even held parties at player taverns, there were like 50 people that showed up and i kept denying because i was a pvper only and nothing else... the previous server i bbqswed a euro UOR ; server ccalled defiance.....anyway defiance was starting to die and a lot of my friends that played there ended up coming here, all were quality pvpers, amazing team players, amazing ctfers, etc. we came here, farmed a fuck ton, it was like we were noobies on OSI again when we came here, trying to face the top dogs right away, preparing for the best duelers, pvpers that were in the tournaments, running the field. yet as weak and determined we were, we made noise right away (chad and finesse were the best after a month). we were fucking determined to get a good record and earn our silver to get shit everyone likes in UO. we farmed hours upon hours to gain skills, and i remember numerous times we got raided as a group before we even guilded as noobs. that's what even formed us more. we started a guild under a european uo legend, crome. a lot of drama went on. we were only weeks, maybe months old and we were beating the competition here easily. there was so much UO nostalgia.........competition..........BECAUSE WE WANTED AND DID COMPETE IN THE "AUTO" EVENTS. WE WANTED TO PLAY OUR UO THE WAY WE WANTED TO; COMPETITIVELY, RECORDED AND REWARDED. active and everything. once that stopped, the recognition, the silver, the battles, we all lost interest. we all eventually lost hope. this is the mYm story.

now i sit here and ask.........not ask. but try to decipher fun from anal. this is a fucking ~20 year old game and we're still pushing for complete accuracy.

WELL GUESS WHAT MOTHERFUCKERS; "ERA ACCURACY" IS NOT WHAT MADE THIS SERVER WHAT IT IS TODAY. THE "INACCURACIES" HAVE MADE THIS SERVER BLOOM, BRINGING COMPETITIVE PEOPLE AND MOSTLY, GROUPS/GUILDS FROM OTHER SERVERS. THE FACT THAT I EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING WRITE THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I FUCKING LOVE ULTIMA ONLINE, I REFUSE TO PLAY ANOTHER SERVER, UNLESS MY GUILDIES FORCE ME TO PLAY ANOTHER FOR A TEMPORARY TIME, THIS IS UO. THIS IS FUCKING ULTIMA ONLINE. AND WHEN I CONSTANTLY HEAR ABOUT THE NON-AUTO EVENTS I WANT TO PUNCH A RICH WHITE NERD IN THE FACE. THROW IN A NATIVE, BLACK AND JEW AND THEN THAT'S COOL.

#FARNKFOR DMINISTRATIVE

farnk

Re: i can't speak my mind? a personal story....

Post by farnk »

roadkill was known for scamming players outta housing. so it doesn't surprise me he's still salty for getting his puny wizard biceps getting bbq'd on my charcoal grill and eaten by hytloth balron in exchange for hythloth daemon sex

killaboy

Post by killaboy »

I do believe it was a little harsh to lock the other thread so quick.

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

In b4 lock

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Round 2, FIGHT
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Why's he got to be a white nerd? I'm offended I'm calling a GM. (lol)

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

You don't belong. This is the new school.

After all...UOSA is a museum.
^

Gork

Post by Gork »

Save FARNKIS!!!!!!

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Eh...I liked the auto events. But they were far from why I played everyday. Lot of people like their name in the limelight though so I understand the need for a good pat on the back after some pvp.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Your guild was supposed to be only European players, but then you let Fwerp in!! If we couldn't trust your words then, why should we trust them now? How do we even know that what you are saying is true. You probably don't even like automated events, you are just a corporate shill in the pockets of Big PvP.

Besides, when Finesse quit, he took his whole guild with him. So there is no way that you are the real, legendary misspelled "frank".

B/R

- chad-'s biggest fan

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

This thread makes me want to UO again.

But then....

Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Over 400 ips last night.....stop being a titty baby and come back!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Freight Elevator wrote:This thread makes me want to UO again.

But then....

500 others like you waiting around for that number to increase, yet you don't yourself login to help make it happen... mind boggling.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Freight Elevator wrote:This thread makes me want to UO again.

But then....

Mind you, that number is highly inaccurate to the actual population. Unlike many other servers, UOSA goes down daily at 7:15am (roughly), many people are already off to work and school and do not fire up their accounts until they are home again. Your picture was taken less than 3 hours after the server came back up. It gives a false sense of activity. Misleading, sure.

I've recently talked to Anarcho about if we really need to reset the server daily, but instead making it a weekly thing. However, that's a conversation for another post.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

All the cool kids are hanging out on the sidelines waiting for it to be cool again to play.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation