New on shard/PKed in town

Topics related to Second Age
Psycho Dad

New on shard/PKed in town

Post by Psycho Dad »

Hi all

I was playing UO on Drachenfels in 99/2000 and quit when it became boring because of Trammel, etc.

Now i had some nostalgic feelings and found this shard where i started playing. Im just macroing my chards up a bit and was a little bit confused because i got PKed 3 days ago when macroing in town (1 char in Lord British Castle and the other in Moonglow Zoo). I this some kind of bug od how can i be PKEd in town?

Btw: im not concerning being PKed as a newbie, as this is part of the Game (and i myself was quite a feared PK back then), but imho PKing a macroing player isnt quite exciting, but everybody has to know that for himself :)

Nevertheless, it is nice to have found a shard where everything is like in the good old days (except there could be a little more players....) and i hope for some nice pvp-action when i am better trained :)

Ill Gates

Re: New on shard/PKed in town

Post by Ill Gates »

Someone probably purple potted you. People find things to do, especially if you're lingering in town. Will be nice to have a new face in the PVP scene. Please let any of the active PVPers know and I'm sure they'll lend you a hand to get your feet below you.

Even if it's just a consistent ass beating.

WELCOME to Uosa.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Psycho Dad wrote:Hi all

I was playing UO on Drachenfels in 99/2000 and quit when it became boring because of Trammel, etc.

Now i had some nostalgic feelings and found this shard where i started playing. Im just macroing my chards up a bit and was a little bit confused because i got PKed 3 days ago when macroing in town (1 char in Lord British Castle and the other in Moonglow Zoo). I this some kind of bug od how can i be PKEd in town?

Btw: im not concerning being PKed as a newbie, as this is part of the Game (and i myself was quite a feared PK back then), but imho PKing a macroing player isnt quite exciting, but everybody has to know that for himself :)

Nevertheless, it is nice to have found a shard where everything is like in the good old days (except there could be a little more players....) and i hope for some nice pvp-action when i am better trained :)

This shard is all about grief bro, 24x7. Love it or go somewhere else because thats all you are gonna get. Become a griefer like me and at least you will fit in :)

HappyFunTime

Post by HappyFunTime »

There are grief groups for sure but this shard isn't all grief.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

As backwards as it sounds, macroing in a seemingly safe location like a bank on UOSA will more often result in your death than if you chose a remote building on the outskirts of a town. Even better still, you can macro safely inside of your own house and never have to worry about dying.

The way people kill you in town varies, but usually involves using multiple accounts to throw purple pots at you while rotating in and out of gates to resurrect/hide while the pots whittle you down. I've seen more refined methods but I won't share them publicly.
^

Psycho Dad

Post by Psycho Dad »

ok, thx for the information. i thought it has to have something to do with multiple accounts as pking in town was afaik not possible on osi servers (at least i didnt know and i surely would have tried it out), where most ppl had 1 or 2 accounts

i can live with griefing, so i think i will stay on this shard :)

i will buy myself a house anyways when i got enough money, but when i remember correctly, it was possible to kill somebody macroing in house with earthquake...

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I prefer the -poison and watch them die slowly- method myself.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Psycho Dad

Post by Psycho Dad »

just after writing my last post i was macroing provo at moonglow zoo and a guy is coming and says "hi" - i dont answer and after 1 min comes another one (sure same player other account) and attacks me with a bow (this is interesting because no guards appear on their own)so i call guards and loot him. i love this shard muhaha :)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Psycho Dad wrote:just after writing my last post i was macroing provo at moonglow zoo and a guy is coming and says "hi" - i dont answer and after 1 min comes another one (sure same player other account) and attacks me with a bow (this is interesting because no guards appear on their own)so i call guards and loot him. i love this shard muhaha :)
Welcome Psycho Dad!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Psycho Dad wrote:just after writing my last post i was macroing provo at moonglow zoo and a guy is coming and says "hi" - i dont answer and after 1 min comes another one (sure same player other account) and attacks me with a bow (this is interesting because no guards appear on their own)so i call guards and loot him. i love this shard muhaha :)
Npcs have a certain tile radius in which they will react to crimes being committed within guarded zones. Otherwise You have to manually call them.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Psycho Dad

Post by Psycho Dad »

i have now included saying guards all 2 seconds in my macro, now i get killed less often :)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

inkognito wrote:
Npcs have a certain tile radius in which they will react to crimes being committed within guarded zones. Otherwise You have to manually call them.
Just a minor correction. Guards don't, or shouldn't, have a maximum distance that they will react to a crime committed within a justice region, provided the criminal is still within a justice region. Guards do have a limit in terms of how far outside of town they will go to track down a criminal who has committed a crime within the bounds of a justice region, which stops guards from appearing in odd locations halfway across the map when a delayed criminal action happens. This is generally the behavior that players are exploiting when they use explosion potions to kill players in town.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Psycho Dad wrote:Hi all

Probably it was GK. He pks my miners all the time.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Kaivan wrote:
inkognito wrote:
Just a minor correction. Guards don't, or shouldn't, have a maximum distance that they will react to a crime committed within a justice region, provided the criminal is still within a justice region. Guards do have a limit in terms of how far outside of town they will go to track down a criminal who has committed a crime within the bounds of a justice region, which stops guards from appearing in odd locations halfway across the map when a delayed criminal action happens. This is generally the behavior that players are exploiting when they use explosion potions to kill players in town.
Correct. Guards don't have a radius as long as they are called in a "justice zone". I failed to imply that. But Psycho Dad should be informed that a player is not automatically safe from criminal acts just being in said zone. Action of the victim is necessary to get Npcs (specifically, guards) to react when out of a certain radius/line of sight of npcs.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

True, and I wasn't trying to discredit what you said. I was just pointing out the details of how these things worked, and as a result, offer an explanation of how someone could be attacked within the limits of the town guards and not be protected. If done correctly, an AFK player can't ever get the guards to assist them effectively.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org