Paralyze Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Paralyze Bug

Post by Taboo »

When someone is recalling and is "frozen" from this process, the message comes up as "This person is already frozen". Maybe it's just me.. but i think paralyze should disrupt this process and freeze the bitch 4 real.

Three Bones

Re: Paralyze Bug

Post by Three Bones »

I Agree with this. :P

ES CA PE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is an OSI accurate mechanic, one who is frozen (for any reason) cannot be paralyzed.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I'd have to disagree with this :P I never remember getting this prompt.. meant to post about this forever ago...
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

That doesn't seem entirely accurate but maybe it is.

Something is off though.

I don't remember having to recast para again if the target was frozen. Didn't the target curser just disallowed the targeting a frozen target and it just hung there till an acceptable target was found?

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, anytime you casted paralyze on a person casting a spell it wouldn't work. A person that is (frozen) can't be paralyzed, and casting a spell was no exception.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It would be nice to have specific references for this behavior in the thread is anyone has any further information

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I have to agree this was most certainly the case. You could not paralyze someone who was already frozen (in any kind of fashion). It would cast the spell, remove mana from caster and give you the message "This person is already frozen". This was one of the first things I noticed to be incorrect after I started playing RunUO shards, along with the fact that para does no damage on 99.9% of RunUO shards (maybe 100% lol). It should do 1 damage.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Derrick wrote:It would be nice to have specific references for this behavior in the thread is anyone has any further information
the functionailty is accurate.

not sure if it gave a message explaining it if you targeted someone frozen from casting you would shoot and nothing at all would happen.

it never interupted .. or paraed you while you were casting for sure 100%

during para gank standard procedure was pop pouch and cast because of this.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Meh, I don't know about that frozen theory. I remember paralyzing people and then having someone else cast paralyze on them only to knock them out of paralyze and start running again. Probably had something to do with the 1 dmg thing.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hmmmm... this gets me thinking of something.

Yesterday, one of my Orc characters was out, minding his own orcy business, when two -F- players start to attack me. Orc discrimination if you ask me...

Anyway, the orc stood his ground for a while but started to run when the trapped pouches ran out.

3 times I thought the orc was going to go down but through a little luck and some knowledge of the area, he survived the ol 'para-dump-para' cycles.

Now, thinking about this, which I though was a bug, I think my orc could have saved many of his pouches with just a spell book and one or two spells, a couple of regs.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”