armor question

Topics related to Second Age
damien939

armor question

Post by damien939 »

Today i was told that leather armor is usless for my mage. Why is this... less meditation... mana gain?

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: armor question

Post by AshBorn »

damien939 wrote:Today i was told that leather armor is usless for my mage. Why is this... less meditation... mana gain?
I dont believe you can meditate while wearing leather.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Don't even wear gloves.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

i belieber you can except it slows it down your active and passive meditation.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Don't be unique.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

You can wear leather and meditate. Your meditation gains blow when any armor is on, but suck less in leather than studded. If you have GM meditation you don’t want to wear armor for most things as your increased meditation will more than offset the increased damage from melee. The lower your meditation skill the more justifiable leather is.

That’s why mages don’t wear any armor, and warriors wear mostly chain (no meditation concerns, and low dex penalty). Either you have Med or you don’t, if you do have med you don’t want to wear armor 95-99% of the time.

There are times where leather comes in handy, but generally you don’t want to wear it. If you want to carry leather, create a dress macro to take it on and off quickly. I am a treasure hunter with GM med. The first 30 seconds of popping a level 4 chest is essentially setting up to provo’s. I’m not casting other than a heal or possibly an invis if things get hairy. If you get a couple ogre lords and they each get a lucky hit, you are taking a dirt nap. So I typically wear leather when first popping a chest so I can survive an extra hit, which is all I really need to not die. That’s a highly specific use though, and the only time he wears leather armor. It’s not necessary at all honestly. It just gives me a little room to make an error.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Ah ok!

Yeah so make a THunter, and buy GM Leather sets from Goblin Goods! (Although you could probably use plate mail or chain for the same purpose as morgan1109 pointed out)

Or get for free if you are a new player.

:)

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

morgan1109 wrote: There are times where leather comes in handy, but generally you don’t want to wear it. If you want to carry leather, create a dress macro to take it on and off quickly. I am a treasure hunter with GM med. The first 30 seconds of popping a level 4 chest is essentially setting up to provo’s. I’m not casting other than a heal or possibly an invis if things get hairy. If you get a couple ogre lords and they each get a lucky hit, you are taking a dirt nap. So I typically wear leather when first popping a chest so I can survive an extra hit, which is all I really need to not die. That’s a highly specific use though, and the only time he wears leather armor. It’s not necessary at all honestly. It just gives me a little room to make an error.

If this is why you are wearing armor, then why leather? You should be putting on plate becuase at this point you don't need med.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Because of the weight mainly. level 4 Tmaps can put you over with no armor on your person. I've got an invuln leather chest, leg, and arm piece I use. Between the three it's light enough I can usually leave a few scrolls behind and be fine.

Honestly, I can't sell the stuff to save my life. It seemed a wasteful and wrong to cut it up:). So I found a use for it.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin