Derricks Fix List

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Derricks Fix List

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

This is a suggestion that Derrick posts and stickies the list of things he plans on fixing/changing.

Derrick is always saying "I'll put it on my list", or "It's on my list", and I was just thinking that it might save time for it to all be on a list on the forums, so that whenever someone suggests a change thats already on Derricks "list" you can just give them a link to the "Derricks List Thread".

I just think it might save some time.

Arcott Ramathorn

Re: Derricks Fix List

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

I tell my wife the same thing.."Yeah, i'll get right on it...its on my list." But the most important thing is that my wife NEVER gets a copy of the list...even if she makes her own lists, I put it with my list. The important thing is that if she could see this list(which ill be honest..its more of a mental clonflagration of nemonic devices) She would say things like: "Hey, none of the things i want done are A: on it. or B: at the top."
That is not a recipe for a happy marriage.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I completely agree with Arcott, however, I'll preface this list with: It's a very partial list, it's in no particular order, I have another list about the same size on another PC, and one twice as big in my head.

Code: Select all

SmartAI doesn't work right in confined spaces with dispell/teleport. Get stuck in loop
NPC/Creature Scavenging
Monster speeds
Can't train skills when at cap
if you backpack has 125 items and you try to put more in it doesn't let you because of max items but displays more. 126, 127.....
NPCs (in town anyways) if attacked but not killed will stay in combat mode forever or server reset?
Vendor house price display wrong (problem with vendor sell packet, may need to enable brokers)
myuosa: When someone is wearing head-gear, at least on a female character, it doesn't display their hair : http://my.uosecondage.com/player.aspx?id=10094
Spam Detection
Gold Limits per vendor
Allow target keg for alchemy
Animated bellows
macing stam hit  is not blocked by Parry
Hands must be free to inscribe
using skill with target up should say "you're too busy doing something else right now"
Beggar AI
cut bandaids one by one
Grammar errors: an kryss, a Order shield
Substitute sweet dough for reg dough when combined with pears, peaches, apples, meat and such ot make pies, or pizza
Check Remove Trap and Treasure chests
Wrong scroll gfx for one of the 3rd circles?
North mines T2A entrance should be guarded
Magic reflect (and others) items should not activate or consume if already in effect
Thief is flagged on targeting noob items
Incognito -> Polymorph -> New skin color

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Hello .. Sorry if I sound rude .. but I say this is a good thing .. and as far as to compare your "list" to derricks is to say the least a failure?? I'm not claiming to know what you have and have not done .. but here on UOSA Derrick takes care of "SHIT" and stuff gets done when its thought out and researched to be era acc. some things granted takes more time thing others .. oh loot is wrong heres the links .. "get right on that".. or oh hey game timers are off for swing rating on dp +25 kat of vanq .... or oh WW could and would at times poly into a human form and go rape noobies it town .. point being all on derricks list are being researched fixed if needed and possiable as fast as can be ..

again not to flame at all .. just saying I to think a list of derricks sticky post would be posted but I also suggest only staff can post to it activly .. if somone as a good question .. and when staff has answer then post to reg members.. otherwise keep it off limits to postings so it is a clean clear list on what is known and not known and needs reporting

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Senses

Post by Senses »

cut bandaids one by one :( suddenly those 4000 bandaids conan stole from our guild house seem much more valuable!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Chaos wrote:..a clean clear list on what is known and not known and needs reporting
If I understand this correctly, I think it's a good point, we tried to do this with the bug report forum, but it's a little under-maintained and therefore on issues that have been a problem for a long time, such as clothing layers (my current project {almost done}), the bug gets reported again and again. It may be useful to have a clear list of what we do know.
Senses wrote:cut bandaids one by one :( suddenly those 4000 bandaids conan stole from our guild house seem much more valuable!!
This has been on this list for over a year :P

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Animated Bellows? And here i am with static bellows...like sucker! I WANT ANIMATED BELLOWS AND I WANT THEM NOWWWWW!!! :lol:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I just like a good ole fashioned list so I can look at it occasionally and watch it shrink over time, and plus newbies always come in posting crap that will be fixed, and plus people wont make threads about things like layering all the time if it's on a list.

platypus

Post by platypus »

Magic reflect (and others) items should not activate or consume if already in effect

That would be an AWESOME fix...that's the main reason I never use reflect or invis jewelry. Unless every key on your keyboard is a macro, its hard to equip/unequip them over and over. If you just leave it equipped, you basically get one charge out of them cuz they eat charges every 10 seconds or so.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

platypus wrote:Magic reflect (and others) items should not activate or consume if already in effect

That would be an AWESOME fix...that's the main reason I never use reflect or invis jewelry. Unless every key on your keyboard is a macro, its hard to equip/unequip them over and over. If you just leave it equipped, you basically get one charge out of them cuz they eat charges every 10 seconds or so.

See the Derricks List is the greatest Idea ever in the history of UOSA!!!

alatar

Post by alatar »

platypus wrote:Magic reflect (and others) items should not activate or consume if already in effect

toggle dress/undress

/fixed
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.