My house was moved...?

Topics related to Second Age
Prototype

My house was moved...?

Post by Prototype »

I am making this post because I am a little confused on what happened when I logged in a day ago.

Let me start this by saying I am not the most active player on the server, but I do log in and have fun for awhile and I play UO pretty casually and try to fly under the radar and follow the rules.

I logged in yesterday and found out that my house outside of Minoc was moved. The sign that was on the shell of the home says "Knyght movd House" (as it is currently spelled). The door was unlocked, there were no items locked down, only the shell of the house and the sign. I didn't break any rules and I logged in and refreshed my house less than three days before and I am assuming that some form of "imminent domain" was claimed on my house.

I am unable to get a GM to respond to me, I stayed logged in for roughly four hours yesterday hoping to be able to play, but with an absence of any of my things in my house, its a little difficult. I know that everyone is busy, but I was hoping for a little explanation as to what happened and to hopefully get things back to normal.

Thanks

a nerd

Re: My house was moved...?

Post by a nerd »

Sure it's your house? Dbl click the sign? Change the house keys?

I'm sure your house collapsed, and someone else put a new one up in it's place.

Prototype

Post by Prototype »

No, I am positive it didn't fall. I refreshed it a few days earlier.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Prototype wrote:No, I am positive it didn't fall. I refreshed it a few days earlier.
Was it between 7-715am eastern time zone?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Capitalist wrote:
Prototype wrote:No, I am positive it didn't fall. I refreshed it a few days earlier.
Was it between 7-715am eastern time zone?
I couldn't say as to any exact times, but unlikely as I don't play near that time in the morning.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

I notice you didn't say that you logged back into the shard, and dbl clk'd the sign to prove that you were indeed the owner.

You should try that.

Prototype

Post by Prototype »

I am not the current owner of the home where mine was. It just shows a brass sign when dclicked.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that your house fell, based on what you're saying. You may have refreshed, but it might have been too close to last save, or the server crashed after you thought you refreshed (before there was a server save, saving your refresh).

Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Apocalypse wrote:I can say with a fair amount of certainty that your house fell, based on what you're saying. You may have refreshed, but it might have been too close to last save, or the server crashed after you thought you refreshed (before there was a server save, saving your refresh).
If this is the case, I will take the loss and just move on. I thought I was on top of it so I want to make sure I have exhausted any possibilities before I start attempting to rebuild.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Always a good idea to refresh twice within the space between "as new" and it falling after IDOC just in case there's a server revert/crash, server save etc. When I had to have time off from UO for work I just logged in every at least every Sunday and then every other Thursday or so for 2 mins to refresh. Houses only got to "greatly worn" once.

If you pop onto IRC and I'm there shoot me a message I'll see what I can do about getting you a new place to replace the one that fell.

Cheers.

- Patek

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

My apologies for not getting you an answer in game. It's been a busy week for me. It's safe to say that staff did not move your home. In the very rare situation where houses need GM intervention, the owner would be informed of the situation.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Prototype wrote: If this is the case, I will take the loss and just move on. I thought I was on top of it so I want to make sure I have exhausted any possibilities before I start attempting to rebuild.
That being said. What did you lose? I'm sure given the age and population on the server, few here would have a problem replacing your losses......

They will grief you, murder you, lewt yer IDOC and then kill your horse, all while talking shit about your mother's medical condition. Because they don't care. Then they will drop large piles of gold and house deeds on your head. Because those don't matter either.

Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Thanks for the help and advice guys. Mostly I just lost the property, deed, alchemy stuff (regs, a few kegs of DP, etc) and enough bandages for WW3. I think the property itself is going to be my biggest challenge, but I will report back if I have any problems.

Thanks again

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

If you refreshed it 3 days before that, I'm guessing you did it with a friended char, not the owner. Don't we have a rule here that the actual OWNER char has to open the door within 6 months or it goes poof? I lost 6 smalls in Mag because my refresher char was not the owner.....
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

HardCore wrote:Don't we have a rule here that the actual OWNER char has to open the door within 6 months or it goes poof? I lost 6 smalls in Mag because my refresher char was not the owner.....
This sounds absurd, and I've never heard of it before. But, that doesn't mean it's not true...

Prototype: I probably have most of your stuff. Stumbled across a collapsed house when I recalled in to my old house spot (we used to be neighbors). There are 3 chests, a box, and an armoire. Any lighter stuff probably decayed. I'd be glad to return these, if you can describe the contents of the runebooks you're missing.

On a related note, I also accidentally collapsed a small next to yours. I wouldn't say no to anyone wanting to return a runebook named The Lost Lands.
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."