Magic weapons and items spawns are changed?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
jackb

Magic weapons and items spawns are changed?

Post by jackb »

I heard that magic weapon and item spawns(like at Tet Fort) on this shard aren't as good as they used to be in t2a. First if this is not true just ignore this thread, I dont have the game so that I cant verify this.

I brought this up in another thread related to melee because I wanted to bring to attention this directly effects game balance and play style types.

I'll list some of the ways I believe this drastically effects what type of character builds are good/playable and what builds arent balanced like they used to be.

1.) The avaibility of magic weapons directly effects the strength of dexxers. Ie. If good magic weapons are less likely to be found so a dexxer instead of usually having a nice magic weapon to use is instead is using a GM weapon(or a magic weapon that isnt as good as the one he would have had on t2a) then his damage would be good deal lower than it would have been in t2a. This is a pretty straight forward and obvious repurcussion and directly hurts one type of character type signifagantly more than others.

2.) Magic items. One particular magic item effected balancing very much. This was magic reflect items, which completly shut down casters. Obviously more of these in play make weapon users that much stronger.

... also people with high hiding used to really be able to take advantage of teleport items. This was a very effective tactic that could be used to get out of almost all situations. Having 15 charges on a teleport item was like having 15 get out jail free cards to someone with GM hideing.

3.) Balance between weapon types. Before one of the main draws of different weapon classes was magic weapons. Ie. If you chose swords you would always be able to have a very good magic weapon equipped because they had so many different weapons(broadswords,longsword, viking swords, katana, cutlass, ect.), while as if you chose fencing even though it was faster(not sure if its faster on this shard) you were less likely to have good magic weapons to equip.
Now while this is still a factor even with less magic items spawning. Its not so to the same degree because items might be so rare the average dexxer might not always have a good magic weapon equipped even if they are swords or macing...

this is actually negated a little on this shard because not all weapons are functional with moving,recharge timers and new higher speeds. ie I personally wouldnt feel comfortable running around with anything slower than a warfork/short spear, which basically means the huge variety in weapons swords has is pretty useless.. but thats another discussion that belongs in another thread.

I just wanted to point out the other pretty signifigant repurcussions custom magic items spawns has on things other than just the economy.
Also I know melee users on this shard have it pretty rough atm so I thought maybe this would help.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Magic weapons and items spawns are changed?

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Yeah Faust says that he wrote up the code for all the spawns based off of 99' stratics, and he even added in those little back packs that loot used to drop in.

But Derrick is yet to implement them, Personally I wish this in more than anything else, well except the White Skin Bug.

jackb

Post by jackb »

oh so you are saying that the magic item spawns are era accurate and consquently I just wasted 20minutes typing that essay?

damn :(

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

jackb wrote:oh so you are saying that the magic item spawns are era accurate and consquently I just wasted 20minutes typing that essay?

damn :(

No i'm saying they aren't at all era accurate, but Faust already states that he has made up all the magical server stuffing that will make it Era Accurate, it just isn't in yet so your post is still very valid and not in vain.