dungeon chest loot question

Topics related to Second Age
Orbis

dungeon chest loot question

Post by Orbis »

Does the level of a chest in a dungeon determine how good a magic item may roll up?
I open lots of chests, from the lowly crates and barrels up to the level 4 chests and i get tons of magic items. I'm noticing that the crates/barrels or other lower level chests seem to give me tons of crappy magic items. Just wondering if the level of chest actually affects a magic items tier level. Any thought? Thanks :mrgreen:

Narcissic

Re: dungeon chest loot question

Post by Narcissic »

It definitely affects the number of items, gold, gems, and regs. I've found decent weapons in lower level chests as well. However, I do not know if they percent chance for a decent item varies between levels or if it is completely random.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Each item that spawns has the same chance of being good or bad. The only benefit to the higher level chests is that they have more items and thus, more chances that one of those items will be good. But a hally found in a level 1 chest has the same chance of being +25 vanq as a hally found in a level 4 chest.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Apocalypse wrote:Each item that spawns has the same chance of being good or bad. The only benefit to the higher level chests is that they have more items and thus, more chances that one of those items will be good. But a hally found in a level 1 chest has the same chance of being +25 vanq as a hally found in a level 4 chest.
That's true of T-map chests, but I think dungeon chests are actually set on different loot tables. I don't think you'll ever pull a vanq from a crate or lvl 1 dungeon chest.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The level 4 dungeon chests are definitely on a different loot table than the others. It’s easily confirmed because level 4 chests never have arrows in them and level 1-3 dungeon chests never have rings in them. You want to hit the 4's. They clearly have superior loot.

I’ve never noticed a loot item variance in the 1-3’s like I have in the 4’s. My best guess is the level 1-3 dungeon chests hit the same loot table, but to varying amounts. If this guess is true, you might as well hit the 1's if you are hitting 2's and 3's.

I stick to the 4's myself, unless there is 1-3 nearby. if I'm already there and it's fairly risk free, i'll grab the extra chest while I am there. I certainly won't go out of my way for a 1-3, but you can bet i'll dance with an Ancient Wyrm for a 4.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

You guys are right. I was thinking of Tmap chests. The fact that rings spawn only in level 4 dungeon chests is enough to make me believe there's a different loot table.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Apocalypse wrote:You guys are right. I was thinking of Tmap chests. The fact that rings spawn only in level 4 dungeon chests is enough to make me believe there's a different loot table.
Rings only spawn in level 4 dungeon chests as far as dungeon chests go, but they also spawn in level 5 treasure chests.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Aside from the arrows, the lower level crates etc. also have non-magic items in them as well.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

fox_phyre wrote:Rings only spawn in level 4 dungeon chests as far as dungeon chests go, but they also spawn in level 5 treasure chests.
Well then I'm stumped. :?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I think it's fairly simple (assuming I am right).

level 1-3 dungeon chest pull same table with different amounts. Level 4 dungeon chest has different loot table (rings, no arrows)

Level 1-4 treasure chests pull from same table in differing amounts. Level 5 chests have different loot table (rings).

They seem pretty uniform except for the highest level chest in each category. It just seems funky because treasure chests have 5 levels not 4.

I do love me some rings.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

unleless you get tteh deep levael shit. you wont get jack but a hally of db with 12 charges.

Orbis

Post by Orbis »

The main thing I've noticed with low level dungeon chests (1-2 and possibly level 3) is the weapons are always just a base weapon with charges on it. I'll ID 15 weapons from these chests and every single one has no stats besides the charges, burning, weakness, feeble ect.

Wondering if it is even possible to pull a vanq weapon from a level 1-2 dungeon chest or if those weapons only roll as a base weapon + random charges.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

idk i have gotten a nice power wep off a lvl 1 chest from dungeon and also reflect...but ive had lvl 4 chests that have had 3 items in it also...so idk bout diff lvls having more loot...but for most part lvl 4s do have more loot...just saying few times ive gotten just a couple or few items from lvl 4 chests and 1 of the item was gems