For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Senses

Post by Senses »

There are a couple things I think are innacurate about Inscription, but I was hoping to get some other people's memories of it.

The first thing I have noticed is that Inscription, unlike the other crafts, doesn't always show you everything you have the ability to make, it only shows you the things you a) have the spell already for in your own spellbook, and b) have the regs to make. As I remember it, it showed you each spell of circles you were able to make, and then after selecting the spell, determined whether or not you had the ingredients.

The second odd thing is that when you place a spell into a spellbook, it doesn't automatically update with the new spelll. I was pretty sure that if your spellbook was open and the spell was place into it, it then instantly showed up on the page, but here, you have to close the book then reopen it.

Anyways, my memory is fuzzy, does anyone recall better than I do?

Derrick

Re: Inscription

Post by Derrick »

Spellbooks: I'm not sure if it's even possible to refresh the book with it open already, this only works with specific gump types usually, suck as message boards, buy/sell menus.

If anyone else recalls this I'll look into it, it would be "interesting" to correct if found to be in error.

On inscription, I'll add this to my list; without any objections it seems to me that this is correct as well.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I belive I posted patch notes on the inscription menu, it definatly only showed all the spells, and depending on your skill level/reagents/spells available it allowed you to craft them or not,

also derrick is right about the spell books, they use a wierd kind of gump I noticed this while making mage books if you open multiple spell books at once they get all wonky, and if you start fliping pages all hell breaks loose!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Faust

Post by Faust »

I actually confirmed the spellbook issue on the demo a few weeks ago. When you add a scroll to a spellbook it does show up immediately without being required to refresh it like you have to on the server currently. I am not positive if this is a client side restriction or not though.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll try and get both of these items fixed then. Thanks.