How do you beat a medi dexxer on a tank mage?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Freeza

How do you beat a medi dexxer on a tank mage?

Post by Freeza »

Hey all, i am having serious trouble fighting medi dexxers on my tank. They are able to always be healed and just keep coming at you. Is there a strategy to take these types of templates down or are they just better than tank mages? thanks all.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Loathed

Re: How do you beat a medi dexxer on a tank mage?

Post by Loathed »

depends, is this field (everything goes) or like 1v1 (no pots)
if it's field, then it's fairly simple, get a DP weapon. if duel style- it's a little tricky. You'll need to take advantage of this person having low mana pool. even if they have gm meditation, they'll med slower compared to you because of the int difference ( i think) either way. 11 mana per gheal- use your hally hits more, precast explosion hally hit, and fake like you're doing a combo, they'll pop up Gheal, follow up with a hally hit make them blow all their mana where as you will still have 80% or more, then they're toast. Tank Mages are the best template of this era (HANDS DOWN.) Medi dexxers can be annoying but they still lack the dmg output that tank mages have.

anyhow that's my 2 cents. try it and let us know.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Loathed wrote:depends, is this field (everything goes) or like 1v1 (no pots)
if it's field, then it's fairly simple, get a DP weapon. if duel style- it's a little tricky. You'll need to take advantage of this person having low mana pool. even if they have gm meditation, they'll med slower compared to you because of the int difference ( i think) either way. 11 mana per gheal- use your hally hits more, precast explosion hally hit, and fake like you're doing a combo, they'll pop up Gheal, follow up with a hally hit make them blow all their mana where as you will still have 80% or more, then they're toast. Tank Mages are the best template of this era (HANDS DOWN.) Medi dexxers can be annoying but they still lack the dmg output that tank mages have.

anyhow that's my 2 cents. try it and let us know.
thanks man, its not duels, its field PVP. How does the poison weapon make it easier?
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Wombley

Post by Wombley »

they will have to cure themselves b4 they can heal themselves w/ aides... hope that makes sense
- Wombley

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Wombley wrote:they will have to cure themselves b4 they can heal themselves w/ aides... hope that makes sense
true but they carry pots to counteract =(
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Wombley

Post by Wombley »

true it sucks but there is a little timer on pots. Keeping them poisoned helps out some.
- Wombley

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Wombley wrote:true it sucks but there is a little timer on pots. Keeping them poisoned helps out some.
Is there a preference to lvl of poison to keep on them?
Markmosthandsome wrote:

Downs

Post by Downs »

to counter bandaids, it don't matter. To freak em out and do as much damage as u can, a tick of DP will be better. but just casting poison kills their bandaid heal
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Trying to land a poison on a GM resist dexer isn't easy at all... That leaves roughly around a 65% chance to resist the spell.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I'm very experienced on a medwarrior and I can say the only tank mages who stand a chance are macer tanks, or lucky Hally tanks who get big combos off (high damage all around). Best thing you can do is burn away a medwarrior's mana. They have less of it and it regens slower due to the much lower intelligence and [possible] armor.

I never tried going item-whore medwarrior, but I'd imagine a macer meddie with a gheal wand or a properly-used reflection item would be almost impossible to kill 1v1 and prolly even 2v1
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Return to “New Player Help”