92 Magery

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mungrin

92 Magery

Post by mungrin »

I remember back in the days everyone macroing there magery to 92 because at 92 magery it meant no more fizzling at 6th level spells.My magery is currently 93 and i fizzle on ebolt occasionaly.Maybe Im wrong but thats how i remember it.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 92 Magery

Post by Daolin »

i believe its actually about 90 magery here. You'll never have better than a 99% chance to cast a spell (unless its 1st circle)

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

mungrin wrote:I remember back in the days everyone macroing there magery to 92 because at 92 magery it meant no more fizzling at 6th level spells.My magery is currently 93 and i fizzle on ebolt occasionaly.Maybe Im wrong but thats how i remember it.
yup i noticd this same thing ebolt fizzle should end at 92 base magery from my memory

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think all the spells are a little off, especially the seventh circle, or I notice it more often casting gate. There have been times where I have fizzled a gate 6 or 7 times in a row on a gm mage...

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Yeah, the spells are definitely off. For example: GM mage since forever should have a 50% chance of successfully casting an 8th circle spell. Since I've been doing it a hell of a lot lately (didn't keep exact numbers), I can say with certainty that it's not uncommon to fizzle 5 to 7 EV castings in a row. That could be attributed to chance, I guess, but on the flip side in over 400 hundred castings I never succeeded more than 3 times in a row.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont think I ever had a gm mage during Prior to late t2a/UO:R, but I do know that I got all of my mage-characters into the 90's and I feel that I fizzled less then, than I do here on UOSA.

Tronica

Post by Tronica »

It used to be 92.3.

I'm not sure what it is here.

That link posted may very well be correct.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Tronica wrote:It used to be 92.3.

I'm not sure what it is here.

That link posted may very well be correct.
ya you just dont forget something like when you stopped fizzling ebolt :P

Iselore

Post by Iselore »

I remember doing a little dance when my first ever mage hit 92, and I don't dance lightly.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

It was 90.1 base magery, which at 100 intelligence was 92.3 magery.

I've never fizzled 6th on my GM mages here, the only time when you fizzle 6th or lower (on a GM mage) is when you interrupt it yourself by using an item, then the spell will fizzle. It's not because of your actual skill.

As for 8th, I've been able to cast several EVs in a row, and there are days when I fizzle several in a row. I'd say its accurate, 50% doesn't mean "half the time you fail, half the time you succeed"
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

"50% doesn't mean "half the time you fail, half the time you succeed"

What. I'm pretty sure it does mean that :P

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

Daolin wrote:"50% doesn't mean "half the time you fail, half the time you succeed"

What. I'm pretty sure it does mean that :P
Actually, it doesnt mean that. It means every new attempt is a new instance where you have a 50% chance to succeed, and 50% chance to fail, statistically speaking. So you could in theory, never succeed.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I fizzle recall and mini heal daily here with GM magery. Not correct.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

son wrote:I fizzle recall and mini heal daily here with GM magery. Not correct.
I have never fizzled these spells on my GM mages on this shard unless I used an item while casting (not equipping an item, but for example d-clicking a runebook, daggar, rune, spellbook, etc). 440+ days and counting...
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins